You have to revert your password, which is what I just did. It worked. If it works for you I'd quickly export all your passwords to a csv file. I also installed a second password manager (not lastpass) if case this happens again. Good luck!
Are you using the chrome extension? I logged in on a different computer using the chrome extension and my vault had been restored. I saw an update was available, so I updated, and poof my vault was corrupted again with random characters. Looked like Japanese characters and that weird a and e that are stuck together.
Apologies as I couldn't find your support ticket. So that I can investigate further, could you send me a private message with your support ticket Case number? To send me a private message, please click my username to view my profile, then click the blue "Send a Message" button in the upper right.
I have exactly the same issue after changing my master password on the 28th Jan (5 days ago).
When I open my vault on every device I use (multiple iOS devices and Windows desktop with Chrome browser plug-in and Mac OS with Chrome browser plug in) the usernames and passwords for 800+ items are missing. The folder names are also overwritten with the special characters.
The Refresh Sites and Clear local cache options have not helped.
I have tried 'Revert LastPass Master Password', it sends me an email which when I click on it states: ‘We couldn’t find any recent changes to your master password’.
I am a Premium user and raised a support ticket 5+ hours ago after I was shocked to find no telephone number or chat support.
Any suggestions as I have a lot of sensitive and important data that I need to access in my vault.
My vault was corrupted after upgrading to a new phone (Android 11).
TL;DR - vault corrupted after downloading LP to a new phone. SOLVED by entering email in Lowercase only.
Bought a new phone, downloaded LP. Logging in gave me an error message 'invalid password', YET showed me logged in (to a free version, yet i am a paying member), but no access to files. Called tech support. They pushed an update, had me refresh the vault (Settings-> actions-> refresh vault). Partial success as i had icons and websites, but no usernames or PWs. Tech guy was mystified, and ended the call to 'consult his next level'. :-0
So i: Cleared cache (Settings->Actions-> Clear cache); uninstalled, reinstalled, AND MADE SURE to use lowercase email address per a community post. Volia. All good.