cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbiggs
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when "Open vault after login" is not enabled

I'll add the old "me too" vote to this one for the vault page opening.

Numerous computers ... my own desktops and laptops, friend's, family ... the vault page opens in both Firefox AND Chrome upon startup. That setting in the extension is turned off, so this shouldn't be happening. I should just get prompted to login to LastPass. I do not. As others have said, it is EXTREMELY frustrating that this issue has been going on for MONTHS without a resolution.

Regarding Chrome and Firefox not sharing the login session, I had to go into the Chrome extension and Account Options -> About LastPass. Then I had to click the Enable Native Messaging button. After a Chrome restart, it now appears to pick up the login from Firefox and vice-versa.

annoyed342
Active Contributor

Re: Vault opens when "Open vault after login" is not ticked

Since beginning of September this issue has been unresolved...

duhmel
Active Contributor

Vault opens after login - STILL

I have had this problem for about two months and it seems from this forum, many, many others have the same problem.  I have twice initiated a ticket three times with Lastpass support and their response is  to not having the 'open vault after login' even though in my request I have said that it wasn't checked.  After I send a response reiterating that I do not have this checked, I get no further information just an email saying the case is closed.

I am wondering whether EVERYBODY has this same issue or if just a chosen subset is so lucky.  Please respond if you do not have this behavior so I will know that their is hope to reversing this characteristic.  If this is happening to EVERYBODY, then it is hopeless and it is time to move on. 

paulsiu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Vault opens after login - STILL

What do you man by vault open after login? Does the vault open as if you select open vault from the extension? What platform is this on?

duhmel
Active Contributor

That right,  after I log in a new tab opens up showing the vault.  It happens on both Chrome,  Firefox and Safari (IOS).

duhmel
Active Contributor

Looks like somebody has combined this issue into one bloated thread of about 100 posts.  Having separate threads would demonstrate to Last Pass the extent of this problem. 

I repeat my request - do some users not see this iss ue when they log into Last Pass through their browser from a website? 

Is there any way to reset options to a default?  I tried removing Last Pass and reloading extension from their website but problem remains.

david768
Active Contributor

Still got the problem. And just to add further insult, I now get a little animation of a vault opening, before the unwanted vault opening. Unbelievable.

NotSoBigGuy65
Active Contributor

this is a known problem. When you set open the login screen on start, it opens the vault.

LP has acknowledged the bug and recently stated it was not fixed yet.

But I guess they had time to add a cute vault opening animation on login

tlamming1
Active Contributor

I am still getting this same issue. Along with them nagging me to enter billing information that I do not want to keep on file.
duhmel
Active Contributor

We know that many people have the problem, going back to at least two years.  The question that I have is do some people NOT have the problem. This is important because

If some people do not have the problem, then there is a solution by changing something in the settings

If everybody has the problem, LastPass management is just stupid.  I have already started a migration to Bit Warden.  Not quite as good as LastPass as you cannot require an additional password challenge on selective websites.

SO PLEASE IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM, LET US KNOW.