cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAD4
New Contributor

Vault presents as as a spinning wheel

When using Chrome Version 107.0.5304.87 clicking on the icon on the top bar results in a picture of the vault with a spinning wheel. The vault does not open. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
matt91
New Contributor

Can't log in to Chrome extension (website and via phone work fine). Continuous spinning wheel.

hi - 

I got a pop up to re-login to the Chrome extension today [on a Chromebook], but can't get it to complete. I just get a spinning wheel and the extension never completes the log in process.

If I disable or delete the extension (have done both), I can log into the Lastpass website itself just fine. Can view my vault, etc. I use 2FA via Lastpass authenticator on my phone, and that seems to be working fine. 

When I try to login to the Chrome extension, I enter my master password, then get an immediate popup on my authenticator app on my phone, I click "Accept" and the extension turns to the safe icon with spinning wheel. It just stays there for ~30 seconds, and eventually times out and asks me to do it again. (Interestingly, during this ~30 seconds, I can log in via lastpass in another tab. So *something* is working, it's just not completing the process to let me stay logged in.)

Any hints to getting this sorted out?

thanks

edit: If I login to lastpass.com with the extention enabled, the icon turns red and *looks* like I should be able to use it. However, as soon as I click on it, i just see the spinning wheel for ~15 seconds, and then the icon turns to black, and I'm also logged out of the website.

edit2: I've disabled every other Chrome extension, but the behavior is unchanged.

BrianLakstins
New Contributor

Re: Vault presents as as a spinning wheel

Me too!

BrianLakstins
New Contributor

Re: Can't log in to Chrome extension (website and via phone work fine). Continuous spinning wheel.

Me too!

AshC
GoTo Moderator

@BrianLakstins  @RAD4 

We're interested to study this phenomenon in more detail.

If you need immediate access, I would suggest logging out via the website, then logging back into the LastPass browser app. 

If the behavior continues, please click my Community name to send a private message so that I can instruct you on how to gather logs from the affected web browser while LastPass communicates. 

Thanks. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
GoTo Moderator

@matt91  Please also check my suggested solution and let me know if it works. 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
cwp101
New Contributor

I'm having exactly the same problem.  I tried logging into the website and logging out but it does not change the problem.

When I click on the Lastpass extension icon in the Chrome address bar all I get is the safe with the spinning dial.

Thank you.

Carmine Prestia

cwp101
New Contributor

So I guess there is no solution to this question?

I forgot I posted this in November and would think that Lastpass has addressed the issue.  I still have exactly the same problem.

Carmine Prestia