cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
my4boys
New Contributor

completely forgot all my previous and current master passwords

I appear to have forgotten my previous and current master passwords. I've tried all the master password reset questions on the website, but they don't appear to work. When I try the OTP I get the following message:

If you are confident you are entering valid information, contact your LastPass administrator or LastPass support. One-time login may be restricted by your organization.

I've tried other browsers on my laptop and my phone and none of them work.  I've tried the extension in Chrome and the iphone app, but no luck.

How can I get my master password reset?  

thanks!

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
ranednamodepie
New Contributor

Re: completely forgot all my previous and current master passwords

Same here, did you find a solution?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @ranednamodepie and @my4boys, welcome to the community.

If your account has no recovery one-time passwords stored in your web browser and you did not set up any of the other recovery options already, the only way to access your vault is to correctly enter the Master Password. We do not know your Master Password and as it is used on your device to encrypt your vault, only it can be used to decrypt that data. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
my4boys
New Contributor

How can I know if there is a one-time password stored in my browser or the extension? I'm using chrome with the extension.  Plus I use my iphone.

If I can't guess the password how do I completely reset my account to start over?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

If there is a recovery OTP in your browser cache that recovery method will work, if there isn't one you will see an error message including one that the extension is not installed. 

This support article explains how to reset a LastPass account and start over. When you are asked if you know the Master Password select No and an email will be sent to you to complete the process. The last step is creating a new Master Password, take your time and then set up  recovery options.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!