cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nealhous
New Contributor

multifactor authentication has stopped working

Multifactor authentication has stopped working. When I sign on to Laspass, it automatically opens my vault. Before, I was offered the option of a push notification or an SMS code to be sent to my cell phone. This is my second request for an answer to this problem. Someone please respond.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: multifactor authentication has stopped working

Hi @nealhous

Is it possible that your 2-FA was disabled at some point?

If you can log into your online account, you can easily set up 2-factor authentication options again:  https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/enable-multifactor-authentication-lp010002

If you already filed a case with Customer Support, please post the case number here for a check on the status.

nealhous
New Contributor

No. 2 FA has been enabled the whole time. LP Authenticator has also always been enabled. According to an article on here, I also changed the Permit Offline Access to Disallow; apparently, that has to be done for 2 FA to work. But I still have the problem. I even uninstalled and re-installed LP on both my phone and computer; no difference.

bigbossmaher
New Contributor

please i have the same issue , please check my case 

Tags (1)
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

OK, I would suggest turning off 2FA, and then re-enabling it through lastpass.com.  This can sometimes trigger the establishment of your communication preference.  Be sure to check any spam or commercial folders LastPass emails may be stuck in.

nealhous
New Contributor

I just tried that but it's still not working. Do you have any other suggestions that might help?