cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wab
New Contributor

"Improved Save and Fill" Issues

I am a LastPass for Families user.  My wife and I have different logins passwords for numerous sites, like airlines.  With "Improved Save and Fill" on, LastPass does not give us the option to choose which one of us is trying to log in.  So, I turned it off.  Then I changed a password at work that I use to log into to multiple related work sites.  I updated the password in LastPass but when I try to log in, the sites say the password is wrong.  I called LastPass support and they told me to turn "Improved Save and Fill" back on.  I did and that solved the work login problem but now we can't log in to the airline sites that my wife and I use independently.  "Improved Save and Fill" seems to be causing multiple problems unfortunately.  I have to decide which situation is worse--with it on or with it off.  I hope this gets fixed soon.  I was happier before this "feature" was added.

6 REPLIES 6
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Re: "Improved Save and Fill" Issues

Hello! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Could you confirm if you have any of those airline credentials saved to chrome? If they are, they could be interfering with the filter function of the new save + fill experience. When you type into a login form with multiple credentials that could be filled, LastPass will filter the fill suggestions based on what you are typing. Chrome filling a password for you will look to us like you typing so we are filtering based on the filled username, resulting in one match instead of displaying all of the records. There is still room for improvement on our end here so we will investigate what we can do to improve as well.

Please let us know when you have a chance. Thanks again!

wab
New Contributor

I do not have credentials saved to Chrome.  The site is Delta.  You can try it yourself.  However, my biggest complaint is that "Improved Save and Fill" has broken core functionality when "improved save and fill" is turned off.  When I turn it off, many of my work sites that used to work no longer work with LastPass.  Support says I have to turn "Improved Save and Fill" on, which I don't want to do.  Very disappointing.

andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Thanks for sharing the website with us. I checked https://www.delta.com/login/loginPage and was able to reproduce the issue you described in the current production version. Good news is that I also tried in the next extension version which should be released next week and it was no longer an issue, so should be resolved soon. Thanks!

BC_Yeti
New Contributor

@andrew735 - there are many problems with the "Improved" Save and Fill... if they continue into the forced update next week, I will need to find a new password manager.
andrew735
LastPass Contributor

Hi BC_Yeti, can you share what some of the problems are? We fixed several usability issues which will be available in the 4.101 release. Hopefully those will address the problems you are having.

BC_Yeti
New Contributor

Hi, @andrew735 ... I spent quite a bit of time trying to describe the problems to a tech support person this morning, who simply told me that if I didn't like the new "Improved save and fill" I would have to just be satisfied with much reduced functionality. 

There are four problems. The first two take place when I have the "Improved save and fill" activated:

1. When I enter a phone number of email into a website, a pop-up appears asking to save it to Last Pass. EVERY SINGLE TIME. I don't want Last Pass to save emails and telephone numbers - but this bug can't be deactivated.

2. When I click on the Last Pass Logo to fill in a username and password, it doesn't give me the option to fill in the existing details - it only offers to generate a new password. (It might be a surprise to some engineers, but the usual goal of going to a login page is to log in, not change password!)

The second two take place when it isn't:

3. When I've deactivated the "feature", Last Pass refuses to fill in username and password for some (not all) websites - the Last Pass logo is present by greyed out. I have to click on the icon in the extensions section, and use that to copy and paste into the username and password fields. 

4. Last Pass does not offer to save or update login details on all websites. It still does with some websites, but not all.

So, Last Pass is completely unusable with "Improved save and fill" activated, and it almost devoid of value with it turned off. 

This is a great pity, since I've really liked Last Pass up until this past week.