cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hinfe879
Active Contributor

"Open extension pages (like this one) in new dialog" doesn't work anymore? Opens a whole tab.

Well this new update is a huge backward step isn't it. It looks very pretty and more 'modern' but a lot of the functionality that's expected and taken for granted is just... gone.

Specifically the extension option to "Open extension pages (like this one) in new dialog". I found the way that worked invaluable - opening a popup when you select to view/edit an item from the extension. not it opens a tab which means I have to switch back and forth between tabs multiple times to get the information I need rather than it just being there in a little modal floating window.

ALSO! The extension seems to recognise I'm on a site but doesn't actually show any relevant passwords for that site in the "All relevant" area of the extension, OR is just shows a random selection of irrelevant suggestions.

Is there a way to roll back or install a previous version of the extension please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarcNJ
Active Contributor

Re: "Open extension pages (like this one) in new dialog" doesn't work anymore? Opens a who

Disabling "Use improved save and fill" reverts the extension back to the way it was previously and this seems to allow for the individual entry pop-out to work correctly.  

See here for how to enable (just reverse these directions to disable): https://support.lastpass.com/help/how-do-i-enable-the-improved-save-and-fill

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TonyFelice
New Contributor

Re: "Open extension pages (like this one) in new dialog" doesn't work anymore? Opens a who

I have a support ticket open on our corporate account that LastPass has been ignoring for almost a year now, except for the automated quarterly email telling me how important I am to them and that they're working on it.  But rolling out a new version that solves nothing and breaks several things is somehow necessary.  I will definitely not renew our corporate subscription.  Painful to transition 75 users to another solution, but the one-time effort will be worth it.  We're pretty close to identifying the product we'll replace LastPass with.

MarcNJ
Active Contributor

Did you ever figure out a solution to this?  I just was apparently upgraded to the latest extension version and am experiencing same issue.  I am going to push LastPass to fix since this is a major step backwards and obviously shouldn't work this way based on the extension settings.

MarcNJ
Active Contributor

Disabling "Use improved save and fill" reverts the extension back to the way it was previously and this seems to allow for the individual entry pop-out to work correctly.  

See here for how to enable (just reverse these directions to disable): https://support.lastpass.com/help/how-do-i-enable-the-improved-save-and-fill

hinfe879
Active Contributor

It works! Thanks so much.

TonyFelice
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip.  It worked for  me.  It's hard (in fact, impossible) to imagine that LastPass didn't notice this problem in advance of rolling out the "improved" plugin.