cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oraguru
Active Contributor

Re: Please stop asking me to verify my identity when I use a VPN

This still isn't "fixed". Some people are saying you've told them how to make it stop...

Care to share with the rest of us?

andy-here
Active Contributor

Re: Review your login info and try again.

@oraguruhave a look here.

It may provide a solution under certain circumstances.

pablodelagar
Active Contributor

Re: Review your login info and try again.

@GlennD ,

I am now back at my 'regular IP address' and am still unable to login. I do not have access to the security e-mail and this new UPDATE does NOT send me verification e-mails to my main e-mail.

My Yubikey 2FA has been rendered useless and am still locked out after days.

I've sent multiple e-mails to support@lastpass.com and I've yet to receive an answer, even on a premium membership.

I request the verification e-mails to be sent to my main E-MAIL and/or assistance to solve this.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Disable verification email

Hi @PiGi78,

Are you using a VPN? If so, or if your IP address changes often this could be why you get these verification emails often. 

If you've already enabled the "Don't require email verification from unknown devices and locations" option in your Account Settings, could you also check that the "Country Restriction" option is also disabled to fix this issue? You can access this by going to your Vault and clicking Account Settings on the left side menu, click Show Advanced Options and scroll down to the Security section to make sure this is not enabled.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
kawarns
Active Contributor

Suddenly Locked Out of Account and Unable to Receive Recovery Emails

So,  for several days now, I have been unable to get into my LastPass account. I know I'm typing in the correct information, but every time I get a message saying- Review your login info and try again. If you think you entered valid info, check your email to verify login. 

I tried checking my email to verify my info,  but realized that this very email account was a part of my LastPass saved sites. I tried to recover the email account itself without success. Now I am in a very bad position, since it is through this email account that I receive transactions that make up the majority of my income. Meaning that if I can't access my email account to accept them, I'm not getting paid. 

Can someone please help me to resolve this issue? It's becoming quite urgent.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Suddenly Locked Out of Account and Unable to Receive Recovery Emails

@kawarns If you are signing in from a new device or your IP address has changed due to travel or a VPN we will send you an email asking you to verify your identity. This protects you if someone manages to capture your sign in credentials and attempts to access your LastPass account. 

If you cannot access you email at all you will need to open a support ticket. You will need a secondary email address that you can access that LastPass support can contact you with and include it in your support ticket.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
PiGi78
Active Contributor

Re: Disable verification email

Just for let you know:
- I use a VPN
- The check you're talking about is already UNchecked

So it doesn't help 😞
oraguru
Active Contributor

Re: Please stop asking me to verify my identity when I use a VPN

Hey Forum,

Decided to up the ante a little. I've written the following tech news orgs and gave them a heads up about this boondoggle:

ernie@tedium.co, dan@tldr.tech, anjali@othervalleys.net, dave@davenetics.com, kdamore@techtarget.com,  nytnews@nytimes.com

I'm still looking for a good email for the Harvard Business Review, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, IDG, and TechTarget. I've seen posts on the forum where folks are saying this is costing them real money, real dollars... 

Always cc press@lastpass.com so they aren't blindsided.  They say no PR is bad PR, but I question that. If enough people give out, maybe a reporter or two to run a story, maybe LassPass will git off their butts an FIX THIS.

🙂

liftbigstone
Active Contributor

Emails to re-verify device every time I open my browser.

Why are all the threads on this topic hidden all of a sudden? That's not how problems get solved.

Whenever I close/reopen my browser, LP says "we don't recognize this device" and I have to click a link in an email to be able to log in. Not turn my computer off, not change IPs, just close my browser. No LP settings changed. No browser privacy settings change. No ISP change. It's only been happening for a few days or a week now.

I've checked the box to disable device verification.

I've selected the locations to allow login from

What else is there?

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Emails to re-verify device every time I open my browser.

Hi @liftbigstone 

Threads are not being hidden, they are being merged into this one.  Multiple individual threads about the same subject make finding information more difficult.

I have taken a quick look at your account and in the last 3 days you have signed in from 6 different IP addresses. I do not know what browser you are using, but I do know that the system has a better chance of recognizing you again if you are using one of our Apps or browser extensions. If you are signing in directly through the browser and make a habit of clearing your history and cache it most likely will not recognize you again and will send an email.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!