cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liftbigstone
Active Contributor

Re: Emails to re-verify device every time I open my browser.

Merging threads into a single thread where 30 different people are having 50 different problems does not make finding information easier.

Having said that: This isn't 1996. IP addresses come and go. People use VPNs. ISPs change them regularly. I'm surprised I've only used six this week.

I use the LP addon on one device and one device only - my desktop PC running Firefox. My browser settings haven't changed. I've been clearing my history for years. I've been using a VPN for years.

This issues is less than or about one week old.

Shame on you for trying to make it about me clearing my history.

Edit to add the following:

This is every email I've ever received from LP. Ever. For however many years I've been using it. 3 years? 4? 5?

Screenshot from 2021-05-19 20-31-21.png

Something clearly changed on 5/12. Give us money! No? Have fun answering 50 emails a day.

Tags (1)
Forber
Active Contributor

Re: Emails to re-verify device every time I open my browser.

My wife can't log into her lastpass account. Her email is saved in lastpass. I sent a support email through my lastpass account, please assist. (I assume you can correlate the new logmein account I had to create with my lastpass through the email, that is very weird btw) She knows her ID and Password but lastpass is pretending that they aren't known.

Please help. We had to change her router and now she is completely locked out.

Punished for knowing her username and password but not her email creds because she relied on Last pass to remember it for her.

Please help!

Tags (1)
R56
New Contributor

Re: Please stop asking me to verify my identity when I use a VPN

Excellent!

Here's another for your campaign: https://www.theregister.com/

Their latest on the company FYI:

https://www.theregister.com/2021/02/25/lastpass_android_trackers_found/

Cheers

Tags (1)
BobJansen
Active Contributor

Re: Review your login info and try again.

I have only recently started getting this annoying message. It only affects my Mac OSX (10.12.6) environment. Luckily iPhone and iPad are so far able to log in but copying strong passwords from my iphone to my Mac browser is fraught with mistakes.

I am unable to log in via the app or via the browser extensions.

I have reported the issue to support and they advised me to remove Lastpass completely (the app and browser extensions), reboot, reinstall and try again. Did this today to no avail.

I have not changed IP addresses but have received a few emails asking me to verify, which I do but no avail, still can not login.

This is more than annoying, this is a major BUG. 

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @BobJansen 

Between May 17 and today I see sign in attempts from 3 IP addresses and verification emails were sent. Since the LastPass apps on your iPhone and iPad are verified already are you able to access your email so you can verify your desktop sign in?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Forber 

I see that support replied to your ticket, please have your Wife reply and answer the questions.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
UsernameUsernam
Active Contributor

Re: Please stop asking me to verify my identity when I use a VPN

Well, setting "Don't require email verification from unknown devices and locations" worked after 24 hours - at least for now. I do have ridiculous "Only allow login from selected countries" unset long time before. 

Bottom line:

1. **bleep**ty UI /UX 

a. No hint that some verification email is sent . Only message that creds are invalid. Found out about verification email when tried to change password, actually. Another level of security?  You need to guess - try meditating on the message until you're enlightened

b. Idiotic settings buried down in advanced section that looks line Win 98 or 2002 website. 

2. Settings that does not work for security

It is still a mystery how checking IP or location adds to security these days. This is just a **bleep**storm of false positives. Same ideocracy as Gmail and Hotmail when you drive 20 minutes across the border and you no longer have access to email.  

With free tier limited to only one device - I'm done with LP.  Besides, android app is reported to include third party trackers. 

pS. Even this forum freaks me out - I'm subscribe to the topic "Please stop asking me to verify my identity when I use a VPN" but can't see only messages from it. There is simple no thread view - it's an endless line of all messages. I don't feel like give my passwords to such devs 

BobJansen
Active Contributor

Glenn,

I did receive some verification emails and I did respond verifying the IP addresses ( which to my memory were identical and thus not changed).

Today, I attempted another login using the lastpass app (macosx 10.12.6), and turned on LittleSnitch's network monitor and opened the console app to monitor console messages by lastpass. BTW, I have tried turning LittleSnitch off but also to no avail.

It shows that there was a connection to a US server and various console messages that I do  not understand.

Here is a link to the screengrabs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpjztnxuhe12gr4/Archive.zip?dl=0 

Nattawat
New Contributor

I didn't receive an email from Lastpass for verify. Why?

Review your login info and try again. If you think you entered valid info, check your email to verify login.

Help me please.

Naftius
New Contributor

I am also encountering this issue. Since Yesterday i am not longer able to login into account/vault. Now i know i have to re-verify my e-mail. To make it even worse i can' t because the login information is stored within my lastpass ( iknow how stupid this is, but to be honest i never thought of this...). So while i was in panic i resetted the password via the biometric feature. Still no success... So now my Question how am i supposed to verify myself if not via my fingerprint??? I mean i have enabled this feature while i was able to login into lastpass!!!

Btw. this is a newly created account because i can not login into my "original" one.

And yeah i allready posted this on another thread and knowing it' s not nice to copypasta, but forgive me and understand that i am really pitted to haven' t any access to my account.