cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
islandcactus
Active Contributor

transfer family- double charge

Hello- my wife signed up for one year of the LastPass family plan and paid the $51.89 charge.  Later that day, she decided to transfer the family account to me.  Our understanding was that the original $51.89 charge would be refunded to our credit card, so I also "purchased" the family plan again under my account.  Now 1 week later I have two $51.89 charges on my credit card and when I view my account, it tells me that I've made no purchases and that I'm using the trial version of the family plan (expiring in 2 weeks).  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: transfer family- double charge

Hi @islandcactus 

The bottom line is you will need to open a support ticket as this is a billing issue. When I look at your account under the same email address you use for the community, I see you as a member of your Wife's Families account. She cannot transfer the license to you, but she can make you a manager on the account like she is.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @islandcactus 

The bottom line is you will need to open a support ticket as this is a billing issue. When I look at your account under the same email address you use for the community, I see you as a member of your Wife's Families account. She cannot transfer the license to you, but she can make you a manager on the account like she is.

View solution in original post

islandcactus
Active Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply.  I went ahead and sent an email to your support team but I'm curious... if she is unable to transfer the account to me, why does the site display a button showing "transfer family" ?

thanks

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

This means your Wife could make you a manager and then leave the Family's account (there has to be at least 1 manager), but it would not result in her original plan purchase being refunded back to her.

islandcactus
Active Contributor

Hi Glen- I wanted to follow up and let you know that someone from support responded back to my email.  They refunded my extra Visa charge and setup the account properly,

thanks