cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajax1

Alerts - Feature Request Limit Duplicate Alert Emails

I would like the feature to set a limit on the number of duplicate emails sent when an alert is triggered within each alert rule.

For example I have a windows event type rule to log system alerts and email my support team for event ID 7.

If a computer has a bad block this event could fire every 1 minute for the same computer.  We can usually turn around and replace a bad hardrive in 48 hours. That's alot of alets between that time! 1 notification a day for this alert trigger would be plenty.

A feature were we can limit the number of notifications would be awesome. This would also reduce API calls for and email traffic for the LogMeIn Team I imagine.  I hope you will consider this request.

Thank you,

AJ

1 REPLY 1
pressf2forsetup
New Contributor

Re: Alerts - Feature Request Limit Duplicate Alert Emails

Agreed.

It would be much more efficient for our environment to receive a list of events triggered within the last 24 hours (or whatever time range we decide upon).

For example, I would love for my MANY MANY MANY LogMeIn computers to have just 1 email sent at 8AM *per computer* with a listing of all the past triggered events for, let’s say, Event ID 7 very 24 hours (within selectable reporting period time frames).

In our use case, *every single alert email* generates a ticket in a dedicated “Monitor and Alerts” queue resulting in 200-400 emails per day.!!!

Reviewing the data in a list report with all incidents for the day for that single computer would be so much easier to work with versus repetitive emails.

Please help!! There are 24,000 tickets within the last 6 months alone 😣🥺😭