cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Another Price Increase RoadKill

Add me to the list, they increased the pricing , this was after raising it  for a Grand Total of  This is how they treated a customer who had been with them I am no longer a Central Customer, i canceled my central basic subscription. 

I even called American Express to let them know Logmein may try to charge my credit card even though i canceled my subscription (i have been reading the message boards and lots of complaints about this)

I wasn't even told by a Sales rep.  Knowing what they did last year i checked my subscription settings about 6 weeks before renewal and i saw what the total was going to be.  I couldn't believe it.  I called my sales rep and he said Yep, take it or leave it.  So i left.  Great job Logmein, I thought a lot of the complaining was sour grapes by flamers. Turns out they were right and I was the fool, or at least i was the fool, not anymore.

11 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Another Price Increase RoadKill

Log Me OUT, too!
-EJ
Active Contributor

I will not write down the price since the moderator of this community has apparently chosen to edit the content of the first article above. Shame on you, moderator..

Our new price for a 250 premier central subscription was just announced to us by an email.

it's an increase of 347% !! Last year it was an increase of about +80%, which we accepted because we depended on LogMeIn.

Well, we still depend on LogMeIn (and I guess they count on that).. but enough is enough.

LogMeIn.. your product is GREAT. But we will not renew at this price.

And since you will not bog down anyway, we will change over to products like splastop business or ScreenConnect or TeamViewer or similar (I guess the moderator will edit those out too?)

Pity.. but we cannot let us be choked to death...

Active Contributor

Yup, long-time user here (10 years?), about to drop it.

For LMI Central, my pricing has gone from  ($ OMG...)

That's insane.

And really, the kicker is the attitude from the company; THREE DAYS after sending an email regarding confirmation of my pricing increase, I get a call from an incredibly argumentative rep, offering NO recourse or even sympathy... only trying to justify the increase and telling me to pass along the cost to my clients. 

LMI, listen:  Stop insulting me, telling me how to run my business (adding costs to my clients), and pushing out small business owners.  We love the product's technical ability, but cannot afford this.  

Furthermore, train your techs to at least be sympathetic and not argumentative, and quicker to reply.  This is what makes folks leave.... I am responsive and sympathetic to my client's concerns.  As we are your clients, you should do the same.  

Going with Spashtop!

Active Contributor

I have been a LMI customer for over 10 years.   This year they doubled my subscription to $.   I used to love LMI as a company, but it seems that they are TRYING to run everyone off.   I had a 100 Central plus, but could have lived with a 50 plus but there was no option.  My option was a 25 plus for $ more than what I was paying, or a 100 plus for $.   I would have kept paying my $ a year forever.   One of my clients saw their renewal go from $ to $ (yes, they tried to pull the full price auto renew.) and another associate saw his double as well.   We are all leaving.  3 customers that would have paid $ collectively EVERY YEAR, have now all switched to Remote PC.    So we join the exodus.

Why am I even bothering to post this?   First to let others know there are alternatives, second because deep down in the recesses of my heart there is still love for LMI.  They were so much help back in the day and I felt like the saels people and support were just a bunch of computer nerds like the rest of us, and cared about our business.

But then the imfamous Logmein Free debacle. . and then doubling our subscription every year.  They are now a bunch of corporate bean counters who don't realize there is a lot of competition.   Once people realize there are good alternatives, LMI is sunk.    

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the product doesn't have value, but doubling the price on people and jacking up the subscription on the autorenew is really bad business.   

LMI has a lot of customers,   but a horrid reputation on the street. . . it is sad to see where they are headed. . . 

New Contributor

Same we are done with LMI also. 100 users basic central started at $ now $. Love the product but they are insane. Splashtop works just as well, which is what we have switched to as many others have said there are plenty of alternatives to LMI now.

New Contributor

I have been all over my account trying to figure out how to NOT auto renew! If you or someone can tell me, I would really appreciate it. I am definitely not renewing. The good thing is that my card on file has expired and I will not give them a new one!!

New Contributor

Im paying $ for 25 computers - the sales guy was like a bull and very rude.

What is the average people are paying for central priemier of 25 computers?

Active Contributor

Guys, after a lot of knashing of teeth and fighting against the tide, we stopped argueing with LMI and went to ****top.com and haven't had any problems.   Absurdly cheaper.   Logmein is working toward being a footnote.

Switching over is a pain, but it isn't $1000 worth of pain.  If you have an existing subscription, you can jump in, install the new software, jump out, jump back in and unintall LMI.  Might take a couple hours to do 100 computers, but WELL WORTH IT.

Stop fighting LMI, they are not listening to anyone, and have yet to even act like they care.   Have you seen ANYONE from LMI actually post here that they wanted our business?

Nope.

Active Contributor

I, jwb123, have had quite an experience lately. I received a contact from a higher- up at LMI who actually seemed to listen and care ( even saying he needs to hear this kind of feedback ?!?). I was offered, and accepted, a $ rate per year for a two year "contract", paid monthly ($), for 100 users on Central. No promises of anything (their rate stability, my sticking around) after that.

I don't understand why they aren't offering options like this publicly, but I told them they should. It would seem, then, that offers such as this are up to the higher sales managers to offer. That's silly, but it worked out for me. I explained clearly that of rates rise again , by $1, I'm gone. And hey, in two years, the competition will only be better developed.

Good luck to us all! And go practice good IT (and good customer service!).