cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthiasINC
New Contributor

Authenticate LogMeIn on Mac against Windows DC

Hello,

I have some Macintosh computers attached to a domain where the servers are Windows based systems. I'm using Active Directory. When I install LogMeIn on Windows clients, the software automatically makes me authenticate against the domain controller unless there are only local accounts found on the client. However, when I log in to the Macintosh clients, I am required to log in to local clients and cannot authenticate against the domain controller. This is an issue because when we set up domains/networks for our clientelle and they have OSX devices, we can't utilize the adminstrator accounts that we set up on the domain to access them. 

TL;DR - How do I get LogMeIn on a Macintosh computer to authenticate against a Windows Domain Controller?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Authenticate LogMeIn on Mac against Windows DC

@MatthiasINC  If you are dealing with Mojave systems, Mac has recently started requiring end user permissions to allow system level privy.  Unfortunately I haven't heard of a way around this yet, without being physically at the Mac station to allow the requests.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
MatthiasINC
New Contributor

@AshC ,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure if I'm dealing with Mojave systems - I don't do very much with Macintosh related devices so I'm a bit lost here. Is Mojave an OSX release? The OSX I'm using is High Sierra. Once again, thank you for your help.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@MatthiasINC  Yes, it was a change that Apple enforced recently -- at least for all Mojave users (the current Mac OS).  If I hear of a way to mass-deploy for Macs, I will certainly update this thread with new information.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!