cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGraff1208
New Contributor

Cisco and Pulse VPN connections do not see LogMeIn AntiVirus as a valid Antivirus

We connect to a few customers VPN connections to support them.  Cisco AnyConnect and Pulse are two of them and are two of the more popular VPN vendors out there. 

I just found out about two weeks ago we were being forced into LogMeIn AV.  I installed it on a few computers and all seemed fine.  I installed it on a few others that connect to VPNs and they all fail stating that the host does not have a valid anti virus.  I have called support two times without any help.  There is no LogMeIn AV team with LogMeIn? 

I can't believe no one else has posted about this issue yet.  We can't be only one logging into a VPN with a host checker.

2 REPLIES 2
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Cisco and Pulse VPN connections do not see LogMeIn AntiVirus as a valid Antivirus

Hi there,

Sorry for all the trouble you've gone through with the new anti-virus.

While I'm not clear if we support environments within a VPN yet (previously we have not), I can certainly look into it further to see if there are any suggestions and best practices from our AV team.  Please post the case number you received after contacting Customer Support so that I may review the details.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JGraff1208
New Contributor

Re: Cisco and Pulse VPN connections do not see LogMeIn AntiVirus as a valid Antivirus

11765325 is the case number. I also have an open case with the sales team to try to see what can be done but do not have a case number.

I'm not sure what support you are referring to.  Basically any valid anti virus getting registered with a 3rd party developer like OPSWAT that keeps its database up to date.  Then applications pay OPSWAT for this up to date information to keep their devices secure and always checking for latest applications and virus definitions.  There nothing to support on Log me in's side.  Log me in just needed to register their anti virus in the appropriate place.  

I contacted OPSWAT as well as both cisco and Pulse use them. I have open cases with all sorts of vendors trying to get a solution before Log me takes Kaspersky from us.  My biggest issue here is that not enough testing was done with this new anti virus before it was forced on Log me in central customers.

If the anti virus is not compatible with 75% of our employees computers, its pretty useless and now we have purchase a new anti virus which is a completely unforeseen cost to us.