cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Client Screens freeze.

since last October suddenly sporadic screen freezes are forcing us to disconnect and restart the connection again. This happens with both the web and the logmein Client. The platforms are either windows 7 or windows 10. and it gets worse and more often. any idea or solution would be truely appreciates.

13 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Re: Client Screens freeze.

Happens all the time.  Very annoying.   This combined with massive price increase is causing us to move more and more of our remote machines to TeamViewer.  

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Are you able to see the screen and then it freezes? or does it freeze while attempting to connect?

Check the video driver on the client and remote side to see if there's any updates.

Best,

Vitor
Vitor is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

The screen appears to freeze on my end, but is perfectly fine on the remote end.  The freeze is on the local side, on my Windows laptop.  I always have to kill the process and restart the local client.

Likewise, on my Mac, the host freezes the whole Mac.  So much so that I have to force a power cycle with the power button.  Not even forcing the process to exit works.

Active Contributor

Rereading your question... I realize I left out a part.

The freeze occurs when logging out on the remote system to switch users.  You select logoff, and within a second the local side locks up.  The remote is just fine.  Attempting to reconnect is usually futile until you kill and restart the local client.   TeamViewer on the same remote machine experieinces no issues whatsoever.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

I just tested on my end, it frooze for a second or two before reconnecting and showing me the user screen. If this is not the case for you ( and it freezes indefinitely) give us a call so we can grab a DMP file from the client process and analyze it. 

If you'd like to continue troubleshooting through the forums, I would try booting your local computer into safemode(with networking)  and attmepting the same action this way. 

Best Regards,

Vitor 

Vitor is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

We are having the same issue here. Did you have any luck resolving it?

Active Contributor

No, no resolution yet, but when you posted, I got an email so I came here to see the whole posting, and I now see someone from LMI replied previously, I was not aware of that reply.  I will probably try and work with them.  If it ever gets resolved, I will post here.

New Contributor

Hi, we got the same issue as you did. Did you find any solution? Thank you!
LogMeIn Contributor

@JulieAlias  Sorry, were you able to test the suggested troubleshooting methods on this thread?

Could you specify what Operating Systems are in use, and what software builds are setup there?