cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Client Screens freeze.

Thank you for your quick reply!
Windows 10-64 + DELL XPS desktop.
Latest version of the join.me application.
I have a new computer with very little installed on it.
I had the same problem with the previous computer.
I thought it was my old computer's fault. Most often, the screen freezes when you change presenter.
I am the trainer, but I need to see the participants screen.
I teach software, so it's important to see the participants' screens.
I go from one screen to another constantly and it makes me crash. I have to reconnect several times during a training session.

Our technician has no idea to help me. So I come here looking for some inspiration.

Active Contributor

No, we gave up and just deal with it.  I don't have time to help LMI fix this issue.   We got nowhere when this first started happening years ago.

Since it happens so regularly (does not matter if I connect from my MAC or any number of our Windows machines) you'd think they could duplicate it and solve it.  I don't understand what the remote host could possibly be doing which causes the local host to completely hang and fail.  

When it occurs, the remote device does usually come back after you restart the local LogMeIn Client.  It's just really annoying.  On machines where we can't tolerate it because we have to switch logins often, we now use TeamViewer.  We still prefer LogMeIn, when it works, so we have a mixed environment.  

Active Contributor

Does not matter what version of windows or mac.  It has been happening since Windows 7 and still occurs on Windows 10 and on my Mac.  On mac the hang is even worse (the hang is harder to get around - often requiring a hard hold-the-power-button-down shutdown).

LogMeIn Contributor

@JulieAlias  I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about LMI Central client connections.  Unfortunately we don't have a specific Community here for Join.Me users.  There is a technical Join.Me Forum available here to search and post:  https://developer.join.me/forum/

You can also create a case for followup through this area:  https://developer.join.me/contact