cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larryp
New Contributor

Connecting to remote client suddenly requires installing client.exe every time

I've been using Logmein Central for over 10 years now, all kinds of different computers, every version of Windows since XP.  I've always accessed Logmein Central via a Chrome browser and then initiated connections to multiple computers from within Chrome.  For the first time ever since I started using Logmein every time I now connect to a remote client it downloads and requires that I install client.exe.  This is new behavior for me and every other support person who has ever worked in our company.  When I called Logmein to find out how to fix it I was told this is standard behavior and the way it has always worked, and I must be mistaken.  To hell with the last 10 years of my life and tens of thousands of connections to the contrary.  These Logmein people don't even know their own software!  I need the problem fixed, not told I don't know what I'm talking about.  Can someone please give me instructions on how to restore the behavior I've always had?  I remotely work on 10-20 computers at a time, all day long, constantly rebooting and reconnecting to all of them.  Being required now to load a client.exe every time I connect is a real pain-in-the-butt.