cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chc
New Contributor

Connecting via to the Internet via satellite

I'm thinking I will not be able to connect to the remote computer from home as I use a satilite for my internet connection to do so.  I think that means an IP problem? Which means no authoriztion???

5 REPLIES 5
New Contributor

Re: Connecting via to the Internet via satellite

I had a user connecting via HughesNet (sat connection) and I had no problems connecting to them.  Be aware that there are latency issues and you will have to brew tea during lag time Smiley Happy

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi chc and welcome to the Community!

You can try to login to a computer using your satellite internet but you may have problems that can't be resolved at this time.

Thank you!

Kenneth Newton | Senior User Services Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
www.LogMeIn.com | www.twitter.com/logmeinhelp
p. +1-866-478-1805
New Contributor

I have a friend who is thinking of working remotely, the work computer is on a fiber linke with 900 Mbs symmetrical, but hte home computer will use Hughes net satellite, it's ironic that the home computer is only about 25 miles away. but there is no DSL or wireless service, it's a bit of a remote location. Will they be able to answer emails, and work on Excel spreadsheets, or use accounting software programs? A Hughes sales rep said the latency is typically less than a second, but that a VPN can double it. Can you talk about your experience of using LogMeIn over a Hugnes satellite connection, and would you mention what speeds the other end of the connection had? 

Thanks,

Mike

LogMeIn Contributor

@mscir  Typicallly a satellite internet connection will be fast to receive, and slow to send.  The results may vary with communication improvements, but I would expect a couple seconds delay in the reception of commands when sending to the host computer from the remote PC there, and then relatively immediate response from the PC itself.

New Contributor

Thanks for the great reply, that might take a little getting used to but if it means not driving one day a week I think they can adjust.