cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFSWHQ
Active Contributor

Connection Refused. Another remote control client is connected from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

I have a computer that will not let me connect. Based on the login details, the connection is being refused because I have another remote client connected. We occasionally use team viewer as a customer of our vendor to allow our vendor to support us and we use logmein for our customers to have remote access. I had been connecting to the logmein remote fine and tried to use the teamviewer and it gave me a message saying we didn't have an account and the connection would drop out in 5 minutes. It drop out in more like 5 seconds and I have not been able to logmein since. I suspect the teamviewer is blocking it somehow. I do not  have  a remote connection from the IP address in the error message and I confirmed it is my address. I even tried logmein remote of another computer at another customer location so the IP would be different and used that computer to try and remote to the problem machine and still got the same message. I had someone restart the machine. At this point I am locked out of my own remote connection and my customer needs help.

logmein error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AFSWHQ
Active Contributor

Re: Connection Refused. Another remote control client is connected from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

The logmein update solved the problem. I setup Chrome remote so I could connect and forced the logmein update. This solved the problem and it has not repeated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Connection Refused. Another remote control client is connected from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Sorry about that!

Since the problem began have you been able to physically reboot the problem PC?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
RUBR777
Active Contributor

You can try to solve the issue by retarting logmein and/or the computer. It is a issue with the logmein software.

Login on LogMein.com select the computer, then Preferences > Advanced > Reboot Options.

You can restart logmein or the computer.

AFSWHQ
Active Contributor

"I had someone restart the computer."
AFSWHQ
Active Contributor

The logmein update solved the problem. I setup Chrome remote so I could connect and forced the logmein update. This solved the problem and it has not repeated.
CNYIT

I know this is an older post but I was experiencing this issue on a remote user's system that brought  me here and have a workaround I want to share in case anyone else encounters this hopefully it can save some headaches.

I had remoted to a system and the user powered his system down and I wasn't able to reconnect with his system LogMeIn client kept saying he already had a connection even though he had power cycled his laptop it persisted. 

I was able to connect up to the LogMeIn web console and the system in question and use the command line tool to go in and kill the LogMeIn service.  Once that was done it no longer thought there was a phantom connection and I could connect