cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Credentials not stored in Central or Ignition. All browsers

I have around 30 Pro accounts listed in Central and have previously had no problem with storing the credentials either in Central or Ignition. I have recently added another account and tried to log in today from Ignition only to be told that login had failed. I tried a few times more and then fell foul of the dreaded IP block.

After getting the remote user to clear the block and checking that they had not changed their username and password details, I deleted the credentials for that account in Ignition and entered them again, being sure to tick the Save Credentials box. I was then able to log in without any problems but on logging out and immediately logging in again I was met with the same failed login message as before.

As Ignition does not give the option to re-enter credentials without first deleting them, I opened Central and tried from there. It showed the username and a blank password box so again I put in the password, ticked to save credentials and logged in successfully. I then logged out and tried to log in again only to be met with a failed login and a box showing the username but a blank password box.

From all this I deduced that the password was not being saved. I checked my user settings and confirmed that password storage was allowed. I also changed my Flash storage settings to unlimited although my actual usage was very small anyway. Neither of these things helped and i tested further in Firefox, and Chrome to no avail.

All my other accounts work fine and the credentials are stored without problem. I did read that there may be a storage issue with uppercase letters in the credentials and the username is all uppercase. Also the password is only 5 letters but I have not read anywhere about a minimum number of characters in the password.

So basically it's driving me nuts and I would be very grateful if someone could suggest a solution.

16 REPLIES 16
Active Contributor

Re: Credentials not stored in Central or Ignition. All browsers

My LMI Client stores passwords, only to forget them for Windows 10 hosts.

I have to right click on the host in LMI Client, then choose Properties | Forget Credentials.

Then I can re-enter manually.   Click Save Credentials.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't.  Willy-Nilly.

Active Contributor

This is still an annoying issue three years on! I have one login which uses an all caps username. This consistantly fails to store itself in Ignition or Central and I always have to enter the credentials afresh. I am not sure if it is a problem with uppercase letters but if it is you would think that LogmeIn could easily fix it.

Also just lately after various LMI updates I have had scenarios where previously functional logins have failed because the credentials have been "wiped". I would like to know exactly why or how the credentials are wiped. It certainly isn't me doing it.

Active Contributor

Note that Ignition will be removed in a few days: http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/LogMeIn-Ignition-End-of-Life-FAQ

Active Contributor

Well this is not good at all. Ignition contains all my remote pc login credentials. If it is withdrawn I will have to go to every client and set these up again. What do LMI think they are doing making a decision like this. Ignition is perfect for my use yet they are trying to say that their smartphone apps will provide the same functionality. Well that is of course not true. I do not regularly login to my client's machines on a smartphone. Is anyone else incensed at this new development? We need ignition.

Active Contributor

Just to update this, Ignition, it would appear, has simply been renamed LMI Client so the discontinuation was not the major blow I thought it would be. The problem with storage of some login credentials still remains however.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Robolovsky  Sorry, is it the website that's not remembering your credentials, or only certain clients that are experiencing difficulty? 

Could you specify the affected OS, and how how often / when exactly you notice the change occurring?

Active Contributor

@AshC Specifically LMI Client where I have all my clients credentials stored. Usually no problem. Click a client name and the login is automatic. With one particular client however I constantly have to re-enter the Username and Password. Even though the properties for the client show that the Username and Password are stored, a screen comes up telling me that the credentials are incorrect and have been wiped. I then re-enter the credentials and can log in as normal. If I subsequently log out and then back in again the same screen appears and the credentials are asked for again. This has been happening constantly over the last few years with this particular account. I am used to it now but it remains a mystery. Only thing I would say is that the password is all uppercase and I am wondering if the LMI Client has problems storing uppercase passwords. Using Windows7 on both mine and the client's machine.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Robolovsky  I am not aware of an issue storing upper-case letter passwords for clients.  Since the problem began some time ago, have you tried installing LMI on the PC with a new set of administrator credentials?

Active Contributor

@AshC I haven't tried that as there is only this one account it happens with. I have about 30 others and their credentials are stored just fine. I am loath to have to reinstall and go through the lengthy process of setting up each set of credentials all over again. Of course that wouldn't be such a problem if I could access them like we used to be able to do in earlier versions of Ignition. Or maybe even export them and then import them into the new install.