cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
todda

How do I wake my computer up

How do I wake my computer up at home from work? I need files off of there and I know my computer is on.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How do I wake my computer up

Hi @todda ,

If you are on the same network, you can wake a sleeping PC in this manner:  https://logmein.secure.force.com/KB/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-t-host-preferences-wakeonla...

Minimum Requirements:

• The computer you are trying to wake up must be on a wired connection (not on WiFi)
  • A second LogMeIn host computer must be switched on and in the same network in order to send the wake request

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kroto
New Contributor

I dont see this button anywhere. was this feature removed? We have a Central account. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kroto  Sorry, do you meet the qualifications for this feature?

1. The computer you are trying to wake up must be on a wired connection (not on WiFi)
  2. A second LogMeIn host computer must be switched on and in the same network in order to send the wake request

Here's a Windows troubleshooting guide: https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-c-host-preferences-troubleshooting-wol...

kroto
New Contributor

Yes I do. An I can wake from LAN on other devices. My main ? is, does this feature just magically apear or should I see a grayed out button?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kroto  As far as I know, as long as the host computer is not on WiFi, and you have another PC on the same network there to access it, then WOL should appear when available.