cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remote_one
New Contributor

How to Prevent Deletion of a Computer from our LogMeIn <Account> by a user?

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict users of our LogMeIn account from DELETING computers from it?

We have a new hire who I have given limited access to LogMeIn and my biggest fear is his ability to just check off any computer on the account and then be able to click the "Delete" button.

I did not see an option under user management to restrict this button from being accessible to him.

Please note I am referring to a USER of our LogMeIn account, I am not talking about end users being able to disable LogMeIn on their PCs.

Please advise. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How to Prevent Deletion of a Computer from our LogMeIn <Account> by a user?

Hi @remote_one  

You might consider creating a specific group for this user to access:  https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/specifying-permissions-for-users-and-user-groups-in-your-log... 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
remote_one
New Contributor

Hi AshC,

I reviewed your link but that just seems to imply that I should just limit the computers he has access to, which doesnt resolve the underlying issue of needing to make sure he cannot delete any. I need him to be able to access all computers without being able to actually delete any of them from the account.

Am I misunderstanding something? Please let me know, thank you!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Right -- I'm not aware of any User options that restrict the deletion of Host names that they are granted access to. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!