cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
craft1349
New Contributor

Initial slowness in connectivity and in client app refreshing on my computer

Has anyone else seen an extreme slowness when using the LMI Client app for refreshes?  With the same amount of computers (roughly 2000), over the last 6-9 months, the client installed on my computer has slowed significantly.  What used to take a few seconds, now takes 30-40 seconds to refresh.  Other engineers at my company have noticed the same thing. 

This time is about the same when going through the browser to open a machine (versus the client app).  I've tried other machines and different browsers as well as 15-20 locations (different ISPs).  Same issue.  All roads SEEM to be pointing back to LMI, but I'm not sure what else it could be.

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Initial slowness in connectivity and in client app refreshing on my computer

Hi @craft1349 ,

I'm not aware of any outstanding issues around Central connection refreshes.  Since the problem began have you tested clients from outside your network completely to see if there's any hardware connection or LAN variation?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
craft1349
New Contributor

Re: Initial slowness in connectivity and in client app refreshing on my computer

No - no changes in the way any of our clients are configured.  Going through the web browser, it's fairly tolerable.  It's only through the client piece installed on our machines - that's what takes substantially more time to refresh / open, regardless of if we are at home, in our office or on client site. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

So are you saying that the web browser is the same, or generally faster than the endpoint app?

If these are the same, then you may want to work with support in order to trace the route and check for latency somewhere along the way.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
craft1349
New Contributor

The web is generally faster.  I can start the desktop app - wait 10 seconds or so, then login to the web site and be remoted into a machine before the desktop app refreshes fully.