cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
af7567
Active Contributor

Linux or wine compatible version of logmein ignition / client

Is there any chance of getting a version of logmein client that works in Linux?  Either a native program or one that works with wine.

When running LMIIgnition.exe with wine it starts up OK but refuses to do anything because it can't detect that I am connected to the internet.  It has been like this for a long time, but that step seems like something that should be easy to fix - I know that doesn't mean the rest of the program would work but it would at least move things forward.

A native linux client would be nicer.  Ignition seems to use ffmpeg for the video stuff so at least we know that is compatible.

I recently found out that some time in the last couple of years a web based java version was made available which works with Linux.  That is nice as a backup, but having to click through 3 security warnings every connection and having no keyboard shortcuts working makes it a bit hard to use.

3 REPLIES 3
feradr

Re: Linux or wine compatible version of logmein ignition / client

how was the connection problem fixed?

Username12034
New Contributor

I was able to log into LogMeIn Ignition. There's still some graphical quirks and I haven't gotten any remote connections to work yet. Here's my current setup.

I installed LogMeIn Ignition on a windows computer and copied the C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Ignition folder to my Linux machine.

Installed packages (Arch Linux). Make sure the multi-lib repository is enabled in /etc/pacman.conf. The nss-mdns package provides the domain name resolution library for 32bit wine prefixes. It's what fixes our networking.

pacman -S wine winetricks nss-mdns lib-gnutls samba winetricks lib32-gst-plugins-base lib32-gst-plugins-good lib32-libpng lib32-mpg123 lib32-giflib 

Creating a 32bit wine prefix and settings the OS to Windows 7

export WINEARCH=win32
winecfg

Running LogMeIn. Using 2FA will cause the window to freeze. Use phone verification instead.

wine LogMeIn\ Ignition/LMIIgnition.exe -opengl 2>~/wine.log

I'm learning how to use wine. I'll update this post if things work out.

Username12034
New Contributor

I'm not trying to install LogMeIn anymore.

I'm using a stripped down version of windows 10 and changed the default login shell to LogMeIn.

Logging into the user will automatically open the program which is good enough for me.

RDP/Spice is available on the localhost address.

Disabling the Windows key makes it function *kinda* like a normal window