cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpaceCadet81
Active Contributor

Re: LogMeIn AntiVirus Not Being Detected

Since my clients think they don't have the antivirus solution they are paying for I'm assuming LogMeIn will be discounting our costs this month in relation to the outage right?

Also the fact that they have not admitted the issue on their status page is alarming. We deserve answers. We deserve updates several times a day. For the amount of money we pay for this service this is a massive fail on LMI support part.

Pizzolanteg
Active Contributor

I totally agree with you. 

This lack of communication is not possible and not professional. 

gcitbm
Active Contributor

UPDATE:

Just called in to get an update. I was told that we need to restart either the service that runs LMI AV or restart the computer and then repush the LMI AV installation to the computer. They suggested using one 2 many. 

They stated they became aware of the issue about 10 minutes before I had called. Not sure why it is happening yet.

They also stated that you may need to wait up to 24 hours to see the correct status on the AV console. 

itbus
Active Contributor

Manually restarted the service on one PC via remote control -> computer management -> reboot options -> restart logmein and it fixed. 

Tried a O2M per support's instructions and it failed with blank log (that's helpful)

Now need a O2M solution.

Pizzolanteg
Active Contributor

You are lucky guys you have O2M... what happened if I have 700 laptops and not O2M...

Doing one by one manually.... No way.... 

ddieckman
Active Contributor

Can you provide the O2M instructions support gave you? I still haven't heard back from support yet.

gcitbm
Active Contributor

They did not give us a specific O2M script, we are currently working on one right now. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello everyone,

I apologize for the oversight here, as these results were not expected by LMI.  I want to assure you that the antivirus installed on affected devices is still fully operational, though the alerts may state otherwise.

A service restart will resolve the communcation betwen the AV and host, after you resend the 'Install LMI AV' command.  I realize this is more work for you all, and am sorry we didn't catch this sooner.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pcatonoutpost
Active Contributor

A service restart will resolve the communcation betwen the AV and host, after you resend the 'Install LMI AV' command.

Is this really the "official solution?"

pmahoney
Active Contributor

Which service are we restarting?