cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jceo
Active Contributor

LogMeIn Antivirus - What AV engine runs it?

Does anyone know what AV product LogMeIn Antivirus really is?  I don't think that LMI would build their own AV product from the ground up.  I am just wondering what product it is based off of before I start testing or rolling it out.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Antivirus - What AV engine runs it?

@jceo  I'll PM you some of the framework details in a minute.

Thanks for your interest!

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
PaulfromRBCIT
New Contributor

Would it be possible to have these details made public? Before I deploy this to clients I would like to tell the what product it is based on.

keevin
New Contributor

Why does this say solved?    There isn't a reply posted?   I also need this information before we get to far down the road of replacing the KES that is already installed.    And what is the roadmap for KES?   Is the licensing for this going to be removed?   And what is the time frame for this part of it?

jceo
Active Contributor

Hey guys, I replied back.  Not sure if my message is awaiting moderation or what...

jceo
Active Contributor

Here is what I received:

"Since you asked, the LMI antivirus is based on BitDefender technology.  I don't know that we state this anywhere publicly, but that's where the core architecture stems from."

RDiaz
New Contributor

If that is correct then that's good to know, I'm a big fan of BD.

keevin
New Contributor

I dont think its Bit Defender.    The virus signatures match up with CLAM AV, which makes sense since there is no cost to it.   All they have to do is develop against it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clam_AntiVirus

RDiaz
New Contributor

Well if it IS ClamAV we would not be interested at all.  Last time I checked ClamAV with places like AV-Test it had less than a 20% detection rate for windows.  At that point why even bother since windows defender would be better.  I know there are ways of improving on this by using third-party signatures but the nature of this means you have to be vigilant in maintaining these.  Overall we'll just keep and re-sub Symantec AV.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I can state publicly it's not CLAM.  Other than that, I'm still waiting to hear about updates to the program and final release dates....

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!