cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDiaz
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Antivirus - What AV engine runs it?

AshC,

Not doubting you but can you expand on why you believe it's not CLAM?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@RDiaz  While we do work with security partners, I have never heard CLAM mentioned.  I apologize for the delay in getting everyone updates on this thread, and expect more information to be available soon --- certainly before we leave beta testing.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
keevin
New Contributor

Yeah, I agree its not CLAM, I wasnt able to replicate my initial research that pointed in that direction.   We have deployed on a couple of test machines.   Seems like the product is a decent beta, but not yet ready for Prime Time.   We havent been able to get the anti-phishing module to work on any test machines and LMI support hasnt been able to get it working either.

RDiaz
New Contributor

That's good news (pending confirmation).  But unfortunately for us, we can't wait for this to be ready.  Especially with California's new SIMM 5355 mandate, we would need a more robust solution than just endpoint AV.

scottwilkins
Active Contributor

I believe I have proof it's bitdefender.  I had no "bitdefender.com" traffic before testing LMIAV, now I see some on network logs.  So this has to be the AV engine it's using.  Or at least the signature list is from there.

PCSJD

Appears to be BitDefender - under c:\program files\

logmein\endpoint\threatscanner, there are many dll files containing BitDefender details and certifications

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

(Official Response)  Due to contractual limitations, we cannot publicly state on this forum who powers our antivirus solution.  To receive the answer to this question, please contact support here: https://support.logmeininc.com/central 

MaVeN
Contributor

Hey all,

I can verify that the AV is BitDefender.  I have been a long time BD GravityZone user and the LMI AV is based on the BD/Gravity Zone set up with most of the features removed.  In my opinion it is very nice for the price.

If you are looking for a simply AB prodcut to combine with your other layers of security (UTM, EDR, DNS Filtering, etc.) this is a nice option.

Hope this helps.

John

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi everyone,

I can now confirm publicly that BitDefender is the backbone of the LMI Antivirus application.  This final AV version is now fully updated with more features, including:

• Anti-phishing
  • Policy Assignments
  • Quick Local Scans Vs. On-Demand Full Scans
  • Advanced Reporting
  • Traffic Scans
  • Device Controls
  • Real-time Protection and Risk Alerts

If you'd like to learn more or ask questions of our team, we have an informative, free webinar scheduled for this thursday, November 21st, at 11 AM EST (4PM GMT):

https://lp.logmeininc.com/securing-your-endpoints-lmi-av.html

scottwilkins
Active Contributor

Unfortunately, this implementation of BitDefender is missing one very key feature.  Firewall control.  There is no way to adjust the firewall to allow specific traffic.  To make matters worse, you can only turn it off and in doing so the client side sees a red "X" on the icon making look like there is a virus when there may not be.  And, now if there were other problems it makes it harder to verify.

Oh well, I was looking foward to using this AV solution.  Mainly due to price and simplicity, but without firewall control, it's quite useless.