cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
literati
New Contributor

LogMeIn Client not responding / freezes

In the past two weeks we've noticed that when we connect to some computers that the LogMeIn client stops responding.  We can enter the credentials to initiate remote control, the LogMeIn Client screen goes black and then just sits there.  We're not able to login to the computer.

This is happening on a couple computers when connecting to remote systems.

The client version is 1.3.772.  The computers we're connecting to are Server 2008, Windows 7, Server 2012.

The problem isn't consistent.  There are some computers where the connection is successful, but most are not.

Anyone else having this issue?  Any resolution?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fabbs
New Contributor

Re: LogMeIn Client not responding / freezes

This was happening and I realized that I had changed my password a few weeks ago and it ws still saved in the login creds of the client. Go into options and choose "delete all stored credentials"

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
khamusupport
New Contributor

I too am experiencing the same exact issue. My LMI Client is Running on 64bit Windows 8.  This just started happening a week or so ago. When I connect to certain computers, it says my connection is successful but it will just display a black screen/Window. Then the client its self will freeze up along with the Window that displays the computer that I'm "connected" to. It only happens on specific connections, but with those connections it happens every time. Half the time, the only way to get it to go away is to use Windows task manager and kill the LMI task.. Other connections will work fine. Even if I attempt to use LMI via the browser with the same thing will happen(*If I choose to download the applett), unless I start a limited session. I've tried completely uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times, I also thought it could be something weird with my PC so I've ran some cleanup task, SFC, CHKDSK, etc. However, nothing has worked. Its crucial that I figure out whats going on, as my job requires my to connect to multiple computers a day!  Does anyone have any idea what is going on here??

-Any Help would be Extremely appeciated!!

Thanks in advance

khamusupport
New Contributor

Status Update: Took the time to call LMI about the issue. Never got down to the actually cause of the issue, but determined that if you run your your computer in Safe Mode-(Windows 8 - run>"msconfig">"Startup tab"> Select "Safe Mode-w/Networking"> Save Settings-Reboot [Same process to disable]) This will atleast allow you to be able to connect if in emergeny. This issue has been escalated to their next tier of support. So we will wait and see if they can figure out what exactly is causing the issue. The thought is that its some startup program or service that is clashing with LMI. The thing is, I don't have too many startup programs other than some of the Windows basics. As far as services, similiar situation. There definitely are more services that startup but digging through and determining which one is the root cause is the challange. . Anyways, hope this bandaid works for others until we get a real answer as to what exactly is causing the issue. The tech took all the debug files/dump files/etc. , so we'll see. Ill update everyone once I have an answer. 

Thanks

Lisa_K8
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Thank you @khamasupport for sharing this information!
Lisa Kate
Community Manager
Lisa_K8 is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

TomHayden13
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

Do you know if there was an update released to fix this issue? I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and experiencing the same issue with LMI Client Version 1.3.772.

Thanks,

clayd333
New Contributor

me too 😞

phil-ward
New Contributor

Happens on my new machine running windows 8.1 also. I can see this machine from other machines but can't connect to external without freezing.

Were there any further ideas or fixes for this? 

Happens in desktop client and web client for me.

Chris2
New Contributor

Me three 😞 😞

About 2-3 weeks ago - I login in (Windows 7 both ends)  and connect to the

remote PC, but when I download and run logmein client (which is required) - I get

a blank screen - looking like  the remote control screen but with nothing displayed.

If I don't run logmein client at all but instead go right to "start in feature-liimited" mode,

I get control, but with a smaller version of the screen- and very jumpy (slow updating).

The file transfer option does not work - but can be got around by setting  up an external

network location, or probably with ftp or sftp.

For some reason (network location solution ... and maybe ftp?) you can't highlight more

than 1 file at a time for copy-paste. Very painful!

Chris2

Chris2
New Contributor

I have just found that Logmein works properly from internet explorer (previously

I used Firefox - from which I still have to "start feature-limited session" ).

grbuzzard
New Contributor

I have been having the same issues as everyone else.  I have found that it happens less often with Explorer than FireFox.  The problem is I don't like Explorer.