cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattgrant
Active Contributor

Logmein client remember my choice check box not showing after client is downloaded

I have this ongoing issue with my main desktop that I use to manage my client's computers with. When I try to connect to a client computer it has a pop up that says t"his site is trying to open logmein client". Normally it will have a checkbox to "remember my choice" once the client is downloaded and kept on the computer. But for some reason on this one desktop, it does not give me the check box. I have a laptop and another desktop where I originally get the pop up with the check box and everything works as it should.

I reloaded my computer yesterday to try and fix the issue, but it is still happening. I am using the latest weekly version of Edge Dev (Chromium based Edge). I know you are going to say, that using Edge Dev is the issue, but the other desktop and laptop are running the same version and they are setup to sync settings across my MS account. LMI still works as it should, but it is a PIA to click open every time I connect to a computer. I have literally tried everything under the sun to fix the issue on this one desktop and I cannot figure it out. The same issue happens in Chrome on this desktop as well.

Anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattgrant
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein client remember my choice check box not showing after client is downloaded

Just for reference, this is how you fix the ability to automatically open LMI client from LMI links without having to click open...

Credit to BrettRoderick for getting me in the right direction.

For Edge Chromium
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
"ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001
For Chrome
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BrettRoderick
New Contributor

Re: Logmein client remember my choice check box not showing after client is downloaded

Creating this key will restore the functionality with Chrome 79+

mattgrant
Active Contributor

I just checked two of my computers and neither of them have Google folder under HKLM\Software\Policies\ and Chrome is installed on both of them.

BrettRoderick
New Contributor

You will need to create it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Screenshot 2020-02-16 18.06.34.png

mattgrant
Active Contributor

No luck on adding that registry key. I am using Edge Chromium if that matters. Would I need to make the key for Chromium instead? Any chance you can screenshot what you have under the Chromium key?

I just tested this under Chrome after adding the entry and now it has the checkbox when first running the LMI client. It did not work before the registry entry was added, so I know I am on the right  path.

mattgrant
Active Contributor

Just as a test I created a Policies\Chromium\Edge\ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox and it does not work.

mattgrant
Active Contributor

Figured it out! I had to make an Edge key under Microsoft, then add the DWORD. Now it works like it used to 🙂

Thanks for the guidance!

BrettRoderick
New Contributor

Aweosme! ill have to try it out Chromium Edge.

mattgrant
Active Contributor

Just for reference, this is how you fix the ability to automatically open LMI client from LMI links without having to click open...

Credit to BrettRoderick for getting me in the right direction.

For Edge Chromium
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge]
For Chrome

BrettRoderick
New Contributor

Just installed and tested with Edge\Chromium and it worked! Go Us 😃