cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirfascoTech
Active Contributor

Logmein does not display urls when hovering over links (Windows 10)

Hello all,

I have noticed that logmein does not display the URLs of links when hovering over them. I do not know if this is new behavior, as I have just noticed this.

This is on the latest version of the logmein client, with host software at version 4.1.0.13508 with both computers running windows 10.

This is a problem from a security standpoint as it makes it easier to phish users of logmein central.

4 REPLIES 4
AirfascoTech
Active Contributor

Re: Logmein does not display urls when hovering over links (Windows 10)

I have found that logmein does display urls in a edge, but it does not in Outlook 2019. 

mriver
Active Contributor

We are seeing the same issue.  Interestingly, it just started on our machines running Office 64 bit.  At first we thought it was a problem with Office, but we realized it was a logmein glitch because if we use Windows remote to access the same computer, the url IS displayed when you hover over.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

AirfascoTech
Active Contributor

We have not found a work around fo this.... should we be posting in the logmein pro forum? Could we get a reply from logmein staff on this issue?

I can confirm that we are seeing the same behavior with 64 bit  versions of outlook. I did notice links are displayed on outlook 2016 32 bit.

Links are also not displayed 64 bit office applications (word, excel, etc).

I do see a brief flash of the link being displayed before it goes away... it is always too fast to actually read anything.

mriver
Active Contributor

Thanks for your post.  What you describe is exactly what we are seeing.  I had a very long (2 hour) call with tech support yesterday, and they brought in a higher level team, but they were unable to fix it (though they could see the problem and that it didn't happen using Windows remote desktop).  They've further escalated it (I think to a 3rd tier support level), and I'm hopeful they will find a fix.  If not, I'm afraid we will have to switch to a different product for our company, which I'd rather not do.  We've tested out Splashtop, and can confirm we don't have this problem with that (the links do appear when hovering).