cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlatour
New Contributor

Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

I have a group of newer Mac mini workstations.  (all were purchased at the same time) they came with 10.13 and were upgraded to 10.14.  Logmein worked fine with these versions.  However, after performing the upgrade to 10.15, When I initiate a remote session, I get the background and top menu, but no windows, dock or dropdowns from the topbar menu.   This is either something that has not been tested by the folks at Logmein, or I have something set wrong across all 9 workstatons....

Has anyone else seen this?

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina)

Hi @wlatour ,

We should be compatible there.  Have you already performed a re-install after updating the Mac OS?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in supporting the Catalina OS specifically.

We're reviewing all the final Apple requirements and changes now, in order to have a compatible software version in the next week or so.  Thanks for your patience, and you may reference this article if needed:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Is-LogMeIn-compatible-with-macOS-Catalina

ahankins
Active Contributor

On the remote machine, there will be a dialog saying "LogMeIn would like to record this computer's screen."  If you open System Preferences and check the box next to LogMeIn, it will work as expected.

Obviously this is not ideal as you would need physical access to each machine to enable it.

OmarS
New Contributor

Hi,

I have MacOS Catalina 10.15.2 and I'm not able to use my keyboard during a remote session since upgrading!

Have you noticed anything like this?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @OmarS ,

Are you using a wireless keyboard at your client Mac?

What type of host computers are you connecting into remotely?

Have you done anything to troubleshoot the keyboard / LMI install?

wlatour
New Contributor

Catalina has a load of new security features (that need to be disabled for LogMein)

see

https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/I-can-t-type-when-accessing-macOS-Catalina-What-can-I-do...

and

https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-can-I-remote-control-a-customer-s-Mac-running-macOS-...

The folks at Logmein took a while to post these, but they have resolved the issues i have had with Logmein and Catalina.  I still don't like Catalina, it is the Vista of the mac world.

OmarS
New Contributor

Hi AshC!

No I'm using the inbuilt keyboard .. And I'm trying to accessvariuos Windows based systems.. Windows 7 and 10

OmarS
New Contributor

Hi wlatour..

Thanks for your reply..

Actually, maybe I wasn't clear about what I was doing...

I'm trying to access Windows 7 and 10 machines from my MacBook and not able to get any keyboard input to show on the Windows PC's

wlatour
New Contributor

I have seen that before.  the logmein client for mac is quite flaky.  Reboot your mac and you will be able to connect.  It happens to me quite frequently. I use a macbook pro and it happens regardless of whether you are connecting to a mac or PC.  I have opened support issues about this in the past, with no resolution other than rebooting.