cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trflmiuser
Active Contributor

Multiple complaints from end users since recent automatic update to LMI Client

It seems that the 1.3.5282  update has introduced a few issues in my environment that I am having trouble tracking down. Wonder if others are seeing these things. 

These issues are on home equipment that I do not manage but support on a best effort basis, so I'm limited in what I can/am willing to do. Home equipment (clients) is a mix of OSes. All hosts are Win 10. 

The more severe of the two issues is that the client application simply will not launch. You launch the application, you see the process for a moment in Task Manager, but then it closes immediately with no feedback. This has occurred on Windows 10 computers and a Windows 7 computer. I uninstalled the application, deleted all LMI folders from programdata and appdata, and installed an older version I fortunately had saved and instructed the users to not install updates when prompted. 

The other issue is that the remote computer looks blurry. We've gone through all the resolution options on the host and client side, as well as changing color depth and zoom settings to no avail. This has happened on Windows 10 and Mac clients. 

5 REPLIES 5
trflmiuser
Active Contributor

Re: Multiple complaints from end users since recent automatic update to LMI Client

And now I've heard from four Windows 10 users that, since installing the most recent update to the client, that they continually get a "Reconnecting" window. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Multiple complaints from end users since recent automatic update to LMI Client

@trflmiuser  I apologize for the difficulty there.  

Do you know if the affected machines are all on the same local area network? 

Is there a local firewall application that may be blocking the connection attempt? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DanA7234
New Contributor

I am also having issues in my environment with this version!

I have had 10 people and spent over 5 hours this week rolling back to the previous version as the connection simply says "connection lost - reconnect". Previous version works without issue.

I have a support case open with LogMeIn support but just get fobbed off with support articles about the proxy and some errors within the logs. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DanA7234  It looks like we are still gathering information on this case, so I'll keep a lookout for any results that may be related to the latest endpoint update. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DanA7234
New Contributor

This is still happening over 8 months later!

What is the issue with this?! What is the fix? I have a case that has gone ignored for nearly 3 months and I am getting no where.

This is seriously next level shocking that a fix cannot be found in this length of time.