cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TalktoJimmy
New Contributor

Re: One2Many Script Repository

This is just a script I run for my users who complain alot about the computer[s] running slow. The script just reboots the computer.

REM -===- VERSION 1.01 -===-

@ECHO

OFF
ECHO ====================================================================
ECHO FixMost of IT
ECHO.
ECHO Please note this script should fix most of your problems
Echo.
ECHO Press any key to continue, or press Ctrl-C to Cancel.
ECHO ====================================================================
ECHO.
Pause.
CLS

ver|find "Windows XP" > NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto 2K
ECHO Windows XP Detected.
shutdown /r
goto END

:2K
ver|find "Windows 2000" >NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto 2k3
ECHO Windows 2000 Detected.
shutdown /r
goto END

:2K3
ver|find "Version 5.2" >NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto Win7
ECHO Windows 2003 Detected.
shutdown /r

:Win7
ver|find "Version 6.1" >NUL
if errorlevel 1 goto ERR
ECHO Windows 7 Detected.
shutdown /r
goto END

:END
ECHO.
ECHO ====================================================
ECHO  Your computer will run great after this reboot
ECHO         Computer will now reboot
ECHO               JIMMY IS A GENIUS
ECHO ====================================================
Echo.
Pause
EXIT

TalktoJimmy
New Contributor

What weekly scripts are you guys running for workstation maintenance? Server ?

RED21
New Contributor

I know this sounds a bit too simple, but sometimes you just need to make a change and get the settings updated right away.

GPUPDATE /FORCE

I just took over a small SBS network, and all the WSU ( Windows Update ) settings were all over the place.

Repaired the issue on the server then pushed out the GPUPDATE /FORCE, then another task for a reboot.

Job done, Windows updates set back the way I wanted, across the whole network in 1 fell swoop.

One2Many how I love thee ...

SardinasA

Here is another one for you, This regedit below allows logmein to run in safemode when a user restarts and boots into safemode manually

It was a life saver for me

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\LogMeIn" /VE /T REG_SZ /D "Service"

skrandalis
New Contributor

I am sure everyone knows how sometimes when you try to access a users computer via logmein it ask for an access code, but other times you have to enter a username and password. This script will add the logmeinremoteuser account which is hidden and allows you to remote in using an access code. Just replace password with the password you desire in the script below. If you forget to change the password in the script the password will be password. Does not work on Server OS's.

(note: REG.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentV.... is all on one line.)

@echo off

Rem Creates Logmein User for access code use

Net user LogMeInRemoteUser password /add goto admin

:admin @echo off net localgroup administrators LogMeInRemoteUser /add

net localgroup users LogMeInRemoteUser /delete

REG.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList" /v LogMeInRemoteUser /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

skrandalis
New Contributor

CORRECTION, Word wrap is killing my script.

I am sure everyone knows how sometimes when you try to access a users computer via logmein it ask for an access code, but other times you have to enter a username and password. This script will add the logmeinremoteuser account which is hidden and allows you to remote in using an access code. Just replace password with the password you desire in the script below. If you forget to change the password in the script the password will be password. Does not work on Server OS's.

(note: REG.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentV......_DWORD /d 0 /f is all on one line 'the last line')

@echo off

Rem Creates Logmein User for access code use

Net user LogMeInRemoteUser password /add

goto admin

:admin @echo off net localgroup administrators LogMeInRemoteUser /add

net localgroup users LogMeInRemoteUser /delete

REG.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList" /v LogMeInRemoteUser /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

j_helland
Active Contributor

I work at a company in which 500+ employees work remotely. Often we have software outages that are planned and we like to communicate to all employees that these outages are going to happen in XX amount of minutes. I use the DOS command 'msg' to accomplish this. This can be pasted directly into the "run a remote command" task dialogue box.

msg * /time:999  **ATTENTION**SOFTWARE OUTAGE IN 20 MINUTES**   **The software system will be unavailable as of 7:15am CST. The expected outage time is 20 minutes.**

This message will pop into the forefront of the end user's display even if the system is at the login prompt. I find this very useful because One2Many will ignore any systems that are offline, thus only the online users will receive the message and because it appears on top of all other windows, it is more effective than email communication.

Note: The /time:999 switch will force the window to stick for 999 seconds. It seems that entering any value over 999 will force the default value and the message disappears after 15 seconds or so. I use this timer in case someone is away from their computer at the time I send the messages.

apgarza
New Contributor

I can't get a cleantemp.vbs file to work. It says it runs successfully but it actually doesn't do anything. Unless I run it myself on windows. Which then it prompts me to "OPEN" the file.

apgarza
New Contributor

Did you ever get a reply to this? I still haven't gotten any reply's and haven't gotten any actual good info from the LOGMEIN Support staff. 😞

I spent about 6 hours so far trying to figure out how to get a script to run with elevated permissions and I know all the supposed tricks with task scheduler and so forth, but none of them are a good option for me. There are other third party programs which can run these kind's of files automatically for us but I am really trying to use LogmeIn One2Many.

timsmith7343
Visitor

Re: using one2many to retrieve log files

I saw your reply about pulling logs back. I'm very new to this and don't undertsant your application. If I had specific log files being generated on a client server and I wanted to have them copied back to me. How would you go about that? I know the folders where the files are generated. certain files are created daily with a date name, other files are generic.

Tim