cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OneAndOnly2

One2Many tasks not starting

Hi all.  I have several PCs where One2Many tasks simply are not starting.  Even when the PC is online, it just sits on Pending status.

Any idea how to start troubleshooting?

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: One2Many tasks not starting

Hi @OneAndOnly2 ,

Sorry for the One2Many troubles there. 

What type of tasks are being sent over?

Can you state what OS the tasks are being deployed to?

Any errors on those machines being presented?

Some other things to consider:

1. Administrator credentials are needed to push most tasks and batch files, so it is important to verify the correct user/password are given.
  2. One2Many uses a 'cscript.exe' file to run on the hosts so make sure that no firewall software or 3rd party is blocking that.
    If the customer is pushing any type of file to the PC, it will be coming from upload.logmein.com, so you want to make sure that the customer has everything whitelisted.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
lags7
New Contributor

Hi @AshC, I am also experiencing the same issue with 4 hosts out of 1200 hosts. In fact all users in our LogMeIn account are experiencing this problem with these 4 hosts. 1. All the tasks are being run with Administrator account with correct credentials 2. The tasks being run are simple as a checking the OS name with a simple batch command or very small files distribution (in KBs). Around 40+ tasks are being run periodically for all hosts weekly, but only these 4 hosts fail to run. The status shows "Pending" even if the hosts are online and get aborted when the tasks reaches timeout. 3. I also confirm all hosts are whitelisted to allow communications, and there is no group policy or firewall in place that restricts 4. I had also captured the debug logs for the affected hosts while performing the tasks, and had shared with LogMeIn L2 support (Juliana & Maria). Also did remote sessions with them to demonstrate the issue directly to them, and have been following up constantly for a resolution. I never get back any answers from support no matter how many time I had been following up. This is the ticket number for this case : 09307148 Could you advise per your expertise if there are any workaround for this issue. Thanks in advance!
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lags7  Sorry, could you specify what OS the 4 affected hosts are running?

Have you gone through a complete reinstall at any of those stations?

** The time when Emailing support to escalate a ticket can sometimes take several days, so we'd want the case workers to review any updates from the last few days (weekend).

lags7
New Contributor

@AshC - These are on Windows 10 Enterprise. These are Point-Of-Sale devices which run 24/7. I am responsible for managing these stores remotely through LogMeIn. So, its pretty difficult to re-install LogMeIn at the site, as I would loose the remote connection. We would be dependent on a technician to do this at the store. Re-installing LogMeIn would be my last option to try.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lags7  Can you confirm the affected versions on those 4 POS machines?

** From what I gather, reinstalling has been the only failsafe way to resolve this issue, though I will see if there are any possible workarounds in your case.

lags7
New Contributor

@AshC - Versions are 12572 & 12382
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lags7  I believe those versions are also out of date, so always a good idea to update before any additional troubleshooting:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/ReleaseNote/LogMeIn-Release-Note-for-May-07-2019/?l=en_US&c=...

lags7
New Contributor

@AshC - I have updated the affected hosts to the latest version i.e. 12624. However, the issue still persists.

The fact is there is no direction to perform any troubleshooting for this issue.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@lags7  As long as those PCs are not running some special variation of Windows 10, you can give us a call directly to see what may be failing there. 

https://www.logmein.com/support/contact-us?