cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZinkDude

Outlook 2010 Disconnecting when LogmeIn Installed !!!

After 7 DAYS OF TROUBLESHOOTING an outlook random disconnect issue., I have determined that the LogMeIn software is causing the disconnects on my Outlook.  I can find nothing about anyone talking about this.  But clearly this is the case for me.  This is a major ssue and be warned..  This is outlook 2010 x64 connecting to Exchange 2016 privaet server.  Has anyone ever heard of or seen this ?

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Outlook 2010 Disconnecting when LogmeIn Installed !!!

Hello,

I'm not aware of any conflicts with Central intalls and Outlook.  Does this happen on any other hosts?  How did you determine that LMI was causing the issue?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
falcon2
New Contributor

Hello,

I am still not 100% sure.  But, basically the issue started happening when I installed LogMeIn to the host.  And if I remove LogMein, the issue seems to go away.    Outlook will just randomly say trying to sconnct.  I tried un-isntalling, re-isntalling, rebuilding profile, fine tuning registry settings, hardcoding DNS, even messing with MTU on the ethernet.  Could not get this thing to work and I have done a lot of outlook troubleshooting over the years.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@falcon2  Can you try to catch a Wireshark trace from when it disconnects?  Also a Process Monitor trace would help, filtered for LogMeIn and Outlook.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
falcon2
New Contributor

I did get a wireshark capture of the event.  I have not gone through it yet.  But, I did determine that its actually not an outlook issue.  The machine itself cant make any https connections to any intranet host - i.e. hosts on our server network, which is causing outlook to hang.  However , it can still map drives and do other normal things.  I just uninstalled LogMeIn and the issue appears to have gone away.  But, I have to wait some hours to confirm.