cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bob Fortin
New Contributor

Remote Access Session Report not Correct

Hello,

I have a company with a lot of people working from home and this report is not even close to accurate for some users.  This is a really huge deal right now with things the way they are in the workplace.  It would be nice if these reports could be fixed up and more reliable.

5 REPLIES 5
Terry_Vella
New Contributor

Re: Remote Access Session Report not Correct

Hi Bob

Did anyone get back to you? I have just fallen foul of this exact same problem so i know how you feel

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hello, can you please be specific about which data points need improvements or are missing completely? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Terry_Vella
New Contributor

Hi. Well to start there's the Logmein Client computers list. It shows less than 30% of connected computers as being in a session (highlighted in green). Then theres the main computers page on the central portal; the same incorrect information is is displayed.

Finally and most damning is the Remote access sessions report which is missing open sessions completely and the Duration times are whimsical.

I hope that is enough to be getting on with 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

To clarify the design behind this report, Remote Access Sessions only shows actual remote controls and is based off of gateway data. Remote Sessions covers FM and background access too and is based off of host side reports.
In theory the latter should show RC sessions to be the same as the former, but due to the technology difference may not always line up perfectly. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Terry_Vella
New Contributor

I am not talking about the difference between the two reports. The web portal and windows client app both consistently fail to display whether a session is in play. This can cause the admin a problem as it ppears that the rmote user i not actually connected. My company, like others need some form of clarity whether a user is actually in a remote control session in the first place and these reports and the web and client app fail to deliver.