cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working with Windows 10 2004

@GregErnest  As soon as I receive confirmation I will update this thread with the info.  Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kparker0620
New Contributor

Yes because I really need to be able to use that feature again.  I pull up sensitive information often and do not need just anyone passing by being able to see it.

EBoon

Half a year later and no fix. Here is your fix. 

Have your employees unplug their monitors at the host station.

GregErnest
New Contributor

EBoon,

For us, that is not an option.  The primary monitor and CPU are a single-piece unit.

If you turn off secondary monitors, it will revert all windows on those displays back to the built-in one.

For us at least, a poor state of operation.

raiderrcr
New Contributor

I think the only way to get them to actually fix this issue is for users to leave. Time to move to Teamviewer. They have no issues with blanking the screen. 

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

We found this issue on one of our 1909 machines.  Still searching for a fix.

Anon21108
Active Contributor

There is no fix. It's a Logmein problem that they have known about since August and have still not fixed even though they keep saying it's coming soon. Soon apparently means more than 6 months. It's getting ridiculous and some of us are starting to look for alternatives. 

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

I found a possible fix.  Since we use Dell machines and my machine doesn't have this issue.  Dell's site says that the install of the DPMS didn't work, because the user needed elevated credentials.  I went to LogMeIn's site looking for the DPMS driver, but was only able to find instructions on removing it.  I called support and they said I needed to create a page with the blanking option selected.  He was not able to tell me where the package was saved.  He remotely looked and was not able to find the file, so he is going to check with his upper level support and call me back.  We are running on Windows version 1909 not 2004.  He told me it doesn't work on 2004, but my machine is running 1909 and it works fine.  Waiting his return call at this point.

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

Oh, and there are not error messages when the install doesn't work.

ISHelpdesk
New Contributor

Issue resolved on my user's machine.  We are running 1909.  The tech at LogMeIn said the issue is also in 1909, but I removed and reinstalled LogMeIn and made sure to move the button to Blank Screen the first connection and it is working.  Hopefully this helps someone.  Have a Great Day!!!   Ralph  : )