cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

@AshCAny updates regarding the mouse trailing issue and slow page refresh when using HD Color Quality?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks for your patience as we look into the cause of this behavior.

For anyone experiencing this problem currently, you can help further our investigation by sending affected Host PC log files to 'gotoservice@logmein.com'.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
rickbern
Active Contributor

I'm happy to send a log file as we have the laggy mouse issue, where is this file? I don't see a link in the control panel

swigco
Active Contributor

AshC, location of the logs please?

Our update - we too have the 4 monitors issue and the lagging cursor issue. In addition, we have resolution issue. When I remote to a laptop with not external monitor, I only see a small window 1920x1080 on my 1920x1200 monitor. The only available resolutions are "Match resolution" and "1920x1080", and "Match resolution can not be selected". So there is really only one resolution available.

We figured out that going to Device Manager and disabling the "Logmein Virtual Display Adapter" under Display Adapters solves many of the problems, but it also removes the blanking again. And there is no easy way to re-enable it, I had to reinstall LMI to do further testing.

The lag and refresh rate are pretty much unbearable for remote support, never mind for users trying to work from home and be productive.

Happy to help any way we can because this has been a real obstacle for too long. I appreciate how painful this experience must have been for the LMI team and wonder what sort of partnership there really is with Microsoft if a bomb like that was dropped with no warning. But, LMI is a BIG company, focus everyone on this issue instead of coming up with new "nice to have" features. We need the base  product to work, then we can enjoy the cherries on the top. 

Thank you,

Pavla

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@swigco

Here is an updated process for locating Host and Client logs: https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-to-view-logmein-event-log-files-central-t-host-prefe...

We would be interested in the dates where physically attached monitors are not being recognized by LMI, as well as any change in reaction time for things like screen drawing, keyboard strokes, and mouse clicks.

swigco
Active Contributor

I am so sorry! Apparently we have logging disabled in our deployment policy, the field LMI Control Panel is blank and there are no logs in the default location 😞 

Everyone, if you can, pls send your logs to Ash so that they can get us out of this.

Pavla

ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

@ASH Can you provide an update regarding the mouse trailing issue when the screen is blanked?

Peers:

There was some talk after the last update regarding the loss of remote file drop capabilities. I have been able to drag/drop files between remote sessions without an issue for a couple of weeks now. This seems to be resolved.

Ellem89
New Contributor

Hi,

Iam updated to the lastest version by of logmein but screen blanking still doesnt work.

If i turn off the host pc screens i can open programs like revit and autocad and see the menu bars but the model screen is blank white
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Ellem89  If the screen blanking function isn't working properly there, can you tell us which OS version is in use on the Host PC?  

What type of display is hooked up to the Host, and through which connection / port? 

ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

@AshCany updates on the mouse trailing. Seems that degrading the color quality is the only workaround. This is not ideal with slower response time/page refresh.