cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITDEPT87
Active Contributor

Re: Screen Blanking not working after Windows 10 2004

Ash,

We have tested the latest release and confirmed that the screen does in fact blank out. Can you confirm what the solution is for the mouse lag that is now experienced when the screen is blanked?

It seems that adjusting the color quality from HD is the current work around. However this change is not retained for the next login.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thanks fro confirming the fix @ITDEPT87

I'll check with the 'mouse lag' reports to see if this is already known.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
bcredeur
Active Contributor

Thanks Ash for confirming the update for us! 

OD1
Visitor

Screen blank works fine but when I check that box it takes me down to 1 monitor. I have 3 at work and it removes two of them. What is the fix for this

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@OD1  Can you say how the additional monitors are physically attached to the Host PC? 

What operating system is this machine running?

raiderrcr
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with one computer (that I know of right now). There are TWO physical monitors attached, but both monitors remain disable. I have attached a picture. What's odd is the ONE active monitor is not even one of the two displays, the two disconnected displays are the Dell monitors attached. This is clearly a bug with LogMeIn.Pattis Displays.PNG

I can confirm that the second I turn off screen blanking, both screens appear as normal.

This computer is on Windows 10 Pro 2004.

dstech
New Contributor

I concur, the mouse lag and general sluggishness of the graphics took a huge nosedive.  Clicking the start menu, you can watch it draw upward bit by bit.

Setting the color quality to the lowest reduces it to at least usable for me, however it's extremely noticeable and pretty much product-breaking when quality is set any higher.

seadmin
New Contributor

@AshC When I start a new session, the screen blanking is working. If I disconnect and re-connect, the screen blanking is also functional.

If I start a new session ... then logoff (without disconnecting) ... and then re-login ... the screen blanking IS NOT working.

Do you have this bug logged? Is there an ETA on it's fix?

Thanks.

ThomasTechnical
New Contributor

I've seen various threads for this issue but no one has found a fix. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

The computer with the issue is having issues where screen blanking still isn't working. Similar to the problems to what was mentioned @raiderrcr, the computer has 2 monitors plugged in but when connecting on via LogMeIn, it displays 4 monitors not just the 2 that are actually plugged in. LogMeIn is on the latest update.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ThomasTechnical  Multiple monitor recognition is a problem we recently identified after resolving screen-blanking abilities.  I believe this has to do with the way some monitor cords and / or virtual display sticks are being interpreted. 

You can follow this separate issue on this thread: https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Pro-Discussions/Problems-recognizing-multiple-monitors-from...