cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjr1
New Contributor

Security Code Required when User Logs on from Different Computer

I have all students in an online class using the same logon credentials.  We are using LogMeIn Client vs. the LogMeIn Website.   Since each student logs on from his/her own laptop/PC, LogMeIn wants to send a security code because the user is logging on from an "unfamiliar" machine.  In order to get the code, the users need to login to the email account assigned to the class.  I don't want the users to have access to that email account.  Is there a way to turn off this feature, or to circumvent it using a different approach?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Security Code Required when User Logs on from Different Computer

@sjr1  I'm sorry about that.  Whenever a new location / IP address is recognized by the system it triggers a security alert in order to confirm the users identification (Risk Based Authentication).  This setting cannot be disabled, though we do have the ability to white-list specific locations, instances where you cannot access the email address.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@sjr1  I'm sorry about that.  Whenever a new location / IP address is recognized by the system it triggers a security alert in order to confirm the users identification (Risk Based Authentication).  This setting cannot be disabled, though we do have the ability to white-list specific locations, instances where you cannot access the email address.

sjr1
New Contributor

Is this something new, and does it only apply to the LogMeIn Client?  I did not have this happen to students in a December class.  All used LMI Client with the same logon credentials.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@sjr1  Yes, I believe almost all LMI services now incorporate the use of RBA for security reasons.  Some services activated this in late 2018.

scottwilkins
Active Contributor

How do you whitelist a location?  I'd love to do that for our Corporate Office IP.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@scottwilkins  You must contact Customer Support if you need to whitelist a device (it's not just whitelisting an IP address, as there are additional security factors involved).

bshowalter

@AshC I have the same issue. How do I contact customer support to have a device whitelisted?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bshowalter  It's best to call in directly:  https://www.logmein.com/support/contact-us?