cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Since installing Windows 10, when I use LogMeIn, I get the message "Did you mean to switch apps"

Is there something I should be doing to prevent this?

Thanks,

Pete

7 REPLIES 7
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Since installing Windows 10, when I use LogMeIn, I get the message "Did you mean to switch

Hello Pete,

Windows 10 introduced a new web browser known as Microsoft Edge.  This browser needs to externally launch our Client application in order to connect to the computers.  In order to by pass the "Did you mean to switch Apps" message you are seeing, I suggest using the full version of our Client Application.  Please visit the website below in order to download the App.

I apologize for the delay in getting to your question, and hope this helps resolve your issue.

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Downloads/LogMeIn-Client-desktop-app-for-Windows-sfdwn0121/?l...

Brian_T is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Regular Contributor

Re: Since installing Windows 10, when I use LogMeIn, I get the message "Did you mean to switch

@Brian_T another solution may be to select IE as the default browser since it also installed instead of Edge. I do not use Edge, just can't handle the new solution that makes no sense for an IT pro.

"If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
Active Contributor

That's exactly what I ended up doing. Edge has a few issues that have caused me to revert to IE11.

Thanks,

Pete

Regular Contributor

You will probably need to stay in that configuration indefinetely.

Microsoft seems to have a problem in reaching out to IT Professionals and getting our opinion on functions and methods that are important to our everday needs. Why rename a function when its been called something else for so long? Instead they see the home user as their greatest revenue target and will eventually have the rest of us seeking business minded OS sources (Linux/Unix) instead of MS based. Sad since we are the one's that got them to this success level.

I have never witnessed more "created problems" than lately in their quest for everyone to upgrade to W10 making W7 now unstable (BSOD gallore). Should you find the need for a clean install of W7, there will be many disappointments ahead since they have somehow made their updates cause crashes that never before happened. I continue with my rant. 

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
Active Contributor

@Consultant64, you must be new to IT support to never have seen issues like this. Smiley Happy  Windows 10 and Edge are great changes for Microsoft and it's customers.  Edge is a work in progress, as stated many times by Microsoft and others.  That shouldn't be confusing.  LMI doesn't work with every browser known to man anyway.  Just like anything in Windows in the past, there are other ways to get things done.  That's the beauty of Windows.  If you have the will, there is a way.

Regular Contributor

Not new. I'm a twenty six year veteran and manage multiple enterprize networks. I have seen all phases of Microsoft from DOS to Lan-Manager to current and have seen all their new ideas from Microsoft. Windows 10 is not enterprise ready and Edge is an experiment.

When they get off the idea that business' will not adopt touch screen on their multi monotored workstations and get back to a practical OS designed to do business instead of social networking and internet browsing then my group of professionals will not mind updating being assured that we will have compatability moving forward.

New Contributor

So..........Whats the way?