cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenrikC
Active Contributor

Slowness. Seriously... What's up with the lag and slowness?

I seriously don't get it. Is it just we here in Sweden that suffers from extreme logmein issues? It's so slow and laggy when connected to a client (LogMeIn client from macOS to macOS) that the only use for it is to remote in and start teamviewer.

It's been like this for years. When we started using and paying for it 5+ years ago it was blazing fast but today it's more or less useless. 

I have had a bunch of support cases logged for it but none have been helpful and most have just been frustrating and painful. 

So, is it just me? 

31 REPLIES 31
adrianofaleiro
Active Contributor

Re: Slowness. Seriously... What's up with the lag and slowness?

i have the same issue, connections from macbook or pc to anothers pc is very slow... i have the pro account... 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@adrianofaleiro @HenrikC  Sorry, if your issue is still outstanding-- did you have any case numbers we could reference and follow up with?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
HenrikC
Active Contributor

Sorry, but I gave up long ago. But if you want to investigate this is one of them. 

Boydp182

It’s brutal slow. I’m connecting from my decked out iMac at home to my decked out iMac at work and it’s lagging so bad. It’s a mac to mac issue. Always has been.
If I use my mac to connect to windows at work it’s fine. If I use my iPhone to connect to windows at work it’s blazin my fast.
It’s pretty much unusable from a mac to mac.
I would love to know how to fix it or I’m going to have to consider other options.
bgeoghegan
New Contributor

'm also getting reports of slow response - the user likes to run apps full screen and uses alt-tab to switch. Refreshing the screen when changing apps can take up to 4 seconds. The network being accessed is in central Connecticut on a gigabit Comcast business connection. The user is either in central Conn. or Tennessee.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bgeoghegan  I am sorry for that delay.  Did this just start happening recently?  Does the same thing happen with different clients, or have you narrowed the problem down to this one location?

bgeoghegan
New Contributor

Hi AshC, thanks for the quick response.

Slow response is a frequent issue for this one user over the last several months. She is more vocal than most, but also seems to have real performance issues with LogMeIn.  She is the only one with access to her work PC hosting LogMeIn.  I was going to try the registry fix mentioned in the post below with an uninstall-reinstall of teh LogMeIn software on the target PC as the next step:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/LogMeIn-Central-Discussions/S-L-O-W-response-from-client-with-LMI-b...

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bgeoghegan  It can't hurt to reinstall!  If the problem persists, it may also be valuable to confirm all available video drivers have been updated through the manufacturer...

bgeoghegan
New Contributor

@AshC Uninstall-reinstall brought some good speed improvements. Alt+Tab app switching went from 0.5-1.5 sec to consistently under 0.5 sec. I didn't try the registry trick. Video drivers were up-to-date.