cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Slowness. Seriously... What's up with the lag and slowness?

@jdemodl  I'm not aware of any known issues around data transfer delays.  Is this affecting the real-time remote control as well as folder sync?  Are all the host machines on the same network there?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jdemodl
New Contributor

its not data folder syncing occurring its when users are maneuvering around their computer. I constantly get people complaining it is slow moving around windows explorer windows in LogMeIn. I have made sure I have ran all the updates on their computers and video card updates as well.  It is not the internet connection because if i connect to the same computers with teamviewer it is fine and smooth and quick.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jdemodl  Thanks, and just so I understand fully --- the host PCs that your people are remoting into, are they in different locations, using different ISPs?

jdemodl
New Contributor

the host computers are at our office in one location and the people are remoting into them from all over.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jdemodl   If the Hosts are in one single location, sharing the same LAN / ISP there, then it may be isolated to some networks settings there.  Have you run any connection tests to LogMeIn servers?

martinbristow
Active Contributor

@AshC  as is demonstrated by numerous comments in this forum the performance problem appears to be with the LogMeIn product/service itself and NOT the host/client configuration.

- we've performed exhaustive testing of other remote control solutions (VNC/TeamViewer/Connectwise Control) using identical hardware/connectivity and LogMeIn consistently provides the worst performance.

Rather than pretending the problem doesn't exist (which only serves to frustrate your customers) I'd advise looking at your internal systems/coding etc. in order to address the (very real) ongoing issues.

chrlx-eng
New Contributor

We've had the same issue with LogMeIn. I'm also using a new Macbook to connect to a remote Windows 10 workstation. The reason for the stutter is the resolution of your Macbook screen itself which believe is 2560 x 1600. If you connect a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 external monitor and run your LogMeIn session on that screen the stuttering goes away. If you have an older (2008 13" Macbook) you won't have this issue since the resolution is 1280x800.  As of now you cannot run your LogMeIn session directly on your new Macbook without major lag. This does not happen with RealVNC Pro. With RealVNC you can play videos on your remote Windows 10 workstation without any issues without the need of an external monitor. This is clearly a LogMeIn issue. I guarantee if you connect an external monitor your issues will go away or at the very least drastically improve. Give it a try. If you have an external monitor with higher resolution just change the resolution to 1920x1080 in System Preferences. I would love to see this resolved.  @AshC

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@martinbristow  Can you confirm what types of monitors are set up with the PCs experiencing delays, and what their resolutions are set to?  

chrlx-eng
New Contributor

@AshC I'm not sure if you work for LogMeIn directly but if you do can you run a test in your lab so you can see what I'm talking about? If you have a newer Macbook and remote connect to a Windows 10 Workstation you'll find that it stutters a great deal when playing back a Youtube video. I'm the Chief Engineer at a Production Studio in NYC and I finally discovered a few months ago how to work around this issue by using an external monitor for artists using Macbooks at home. I should also mention that the Macbooks are running the latest LogMeIn Client (4.1.7632) and the remote workstation is running the latest LogMeIn server software (Windows 10 Pro - LogMeIn 141148)

martinbristow
Active Contributor

Do you mean the monitor model/manufacturer or physical connection type e.g. VGA/HDMI etc.?

Wrt resolutions we've tried everything from 1024x768 to 1440p, obviously the higher the resolution the worse the performance.

As an aside it took nearly 2 mins just to login to logmein.com this morning...