cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattmutch
Active Contributor

Stuck Low Resolution and Warnings

Been struck with several unusual behaviors and have found a temporary solution for anyone who may be afflicted. 

Three identical computers (hardware wise) suddenly started showing up at a locked resolution of 1024x768. Manually switching and resolution matching did nothing - they changed and immediately changed back to the low resolution. Two of the machines also suffered a continual popping of a Native Resolution message, reporting that the resolution was far below the native resolution of 2048xsomething, which is also wrong. This message continually popped, rendering the computer unusable, since it was always pulling focus. However, One of the computers was stuck not at 1024x768 but instead 1600x1200. 

This was not directly coincident with any driver or Windows Updates. Seemingly completely at random. One day, nothing worked.

Excluding the troubleshooting, I silenced the display resolution warnings when I eventually drove all the way to where the machines were. Two systems manifested phantom secondary monitors. I "merged" them with display mirroring in Display Settings.

Over LogMeIn sessions, I changed the color depth to the middle value, instead of HD, and suddenly all of my problems were gone.  So at least I have my utility back. 

But what the heck.

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Stuck Low Resolution and Warnings

@mattmutch  Can you please confirm which operating systems / 'set ups' are being affected?

Also, what LogMeIn software is running on the Host PCs? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!