cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bransby
Visitor

Trouble accessing Windows XP machines remotely.

My organization has begun using Logmein for remote access.  I am aware that Windows XP is no longer supported by Logmein, but we have a couple of machines that still need to use Windows XP.  

I was able to install the Logmein software on the XP machines using an old installer.  The machines show up in LMI Central, but if I try to connect to one of them using a web browser (seems to be the same on any browser), it directs me to download the Chrome extension for LMI, which is a broken link and seems to no longer exists.  I am able to skip the installation of the extension and access the machines remotely through Java, but this method is cumbersome.

If I try to access one of the machines through the LMI mobile app, I just get a message that says "Network Error", and I can't access the Windows XP machines.  

Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
ShaneP2
New Contributor

Re: Trouble accessing Windows XP machines remotely.

@bransby wrote:

My organization has begun using Logmein for remote access.  I am aware that Windows XP is no longer supported by Logmein, but we have a couple of machines that still need to use Windows XP.  

I was able to install the Logmein software on the XP machines using an old installer.  The machines show up in LMI Central, but if I try to connect to one of them using a web browser (seems to be the same on any browser), it freejobalert gimp notepad++ directs me to download the Chrome extension for LMI, which is a broken link and seems to no longer exists.  I am able to skip the installation of the extension and access the machines remotely through Java, but this method is cumbersome.

If I try to access one of the machines through the LMI mobile app, I just get a message that says "Network Error", and I can't access the Windows XP machines.  

Any advice?

I think there are no proper support  for XP systems as far as i know.

Regards,

Shane