cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob-B
Active Contributor

Turning off captcha

Hi,

I need to disable captcha on our client machines. I understand the only way to do this is to change our password?

Before I do this how, will it affect our remote clients. Will they all need the new password inputting after we change it?

If the answer is yes, is there a password retention policy in place as I can change it then change it back. We can't change the password on client machines as they are geographically remote.

Thanks,

Rob

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Turning off captcha

@Rob-B  I'm afraid you cannot disable captcha for specific computers.  If all of the remote clients are logging in with the same credentials this can trigger the captcha action because it appears as suspicious, but you might try logging with User Profiles instead.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rob-B
Active Contributor

I may not have explained myself clearly. We use one username and password, all clients old and new use the same username and password.

We wish to globally turn off captcha which means changing our password as I understand it. Before I do this and potentially lock us out of all of our remote machines I need to fully understand what happens when we change the password.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rob-B  Changing the password won't affect captcha, as far as I know.  Regarding the lockout, that would only occur if you had to communicate a new password to all users suddenly, right? 

Rob-B
Active Contributor

As I understand it the only way to turn off captcha is for us to change our password, this will then disable captcha automatically.

What I'm unsure of is what will happen to the client machines if I change our password and then change it back straight away. I also can't find any documentation as to whether there's a password policy in place that will prevent this (remember last x passwords)

I need absolute certainty and a full understanding as I don't want to lose remote connectivity to hundreds of machines if it goes wrong.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rob-B  Changing the login password will not turn off captcha.  I'm sorry if this is affecting your workflow, but the security function is mandatory.

** There are no limits in place that I know of, limiting the passwords you can use (as long as they fit the basic pw requirements).

Rob-B
Active Contributor

That seems to directly contradict this:

https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/CAPTCHA-and-your-LogMeIn-account

Understandably I need a definitive answer before I decide how to proceed. Captcha is an exceptionally inconvenient security method in our environment. 

suan
New Contributor

Exactly, contradicts statement.  No real help especially when the client can't display captcha

miranda18
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@Rob-B  I'm afraid you cannot disable captcha for specific computers.  If all of the remote clients are logging in with the same credentials this can trigger the captcha action because it appears as suspicious, but you might try logging with User Profiles instead.

Thank you for your response. I had a similar query like Rob

miranda18
Active Contributor

@miranda18 wrote:

@AshC wrote:

@Rob-B  I'm afraid you cannot disable captcha for specific computers.  If all of the remote clients are logging in with the walmart1 credentials this can trigger the captcha action because it appears as suspicious, but you might try logging with User Profiles instead.

Thank you for your response. I had a similar query like Rob

I tried with User Profiles and it is working well.