cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guitardood
Active Contributor

Urgent! Latest Client Not Compatible With Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

Urgent!

I'm running on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) due to requirement of other software.  The new LogMeInMac Client does not work on El Capitan.  I've got my older version which still works fine.  How do I stop LogMeIn from automatically updating the client to the version that doesn't work on my OS.

Lesser importance, why in God's name would you force out an update that doesn't check the OS before installing and thereby breaking things?!?!

Best,

Chuck

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Urgent! Latest Client Not Compatible With Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

Hi Chuck,

I'm afraid while we kept support open for older Mac systems that Apple no longer supported themselves, we eventually had to stop supporting these ourselves.  OSX 10.11 falls into this category, and I'm sorry we don't keep older versions available for download due to several security concerns.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
guitardood
Active Contributor

Hello Ash,

It's not that I don't have access to the compatible older version, I have multiple archived copies

The problem is the new incompatible version automatically installs over the old compatible version, despite not being able to run on this platform, requiring me to constantly go back and restore my archived copy.  This happens at least once daily.  I understand coming out with a new version that requires a certain OS version, I don't understand installing on an incompatible OS.  Updating should be an option.

Are there, possibly, any flags I can add in the config.xml file to disable AutoUpdate?

Best,

Chuck

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

The design was to keep older operating systems on previous Central software versions, and not send any updates.  In your case, we would be interested in the host logs from your affected Mac from the period of automatic update.  Please let me know if you're able to grab those for Customer Support.

guitardood
Active Contributor

Hello Ash,

Remember, this is not on one of my remote hosts, this is on the machine I use to login to central and access the my remote hosts and is running "LogMeIn Client.app" from the /Applications folder.  On first use every day, the auto-updateer overwrites the client with the incompatible client.

My current workaround was to change permissions on the "LogMeIn Client.app" folder, forcing the authorization dialog to appear, which I can then cancel and continue with my day.

That being said, I'd be glad to provide logs.  How/where should I upload them and which files do you require?

Best,

Chuck

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for that clarification. 

As of August 2018 Apple stopped releasing security updates for 10.11, and I am afraid we no longer support the client desktop application for Macs older than OSX 10.12.  While we tried to keep the door open for a period, this was a change we eventually had to make permanent.

Bovinedoc1
Visitor

Hi Chuck,

I am having this same problem, however, I no longer have access to the older Logmein Client App.  Would you be able to forward me a copy?

Rich

smbishop
Visitor

Hey Chuck, I'm right there with you! Is there anyway to obtain a copy of the older version? I don't have room on my MacBook Pro to update to Sierra 10.12 unfortunately. I've had my Mac since 2011. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't login into my office computer without it. 😞

Thanks a bunch, 

Shannon 

guitardood
Active Contributor

Very sorry to hear, Rich.  Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to provide LogMeIn software to anyone due to piracy and liability concerns.  FWIW, it's wrong that LogMeIn decided to overwrite a working app with a non-working app without notifying anyone.  With the exorbitant price increases, we should be receiving much more solid customer service, not more gadgets on the next to useless dashboard.

Try contacting customer support.  Somebody there should be able to provide a copy.

Best,

Chuck

guitardood
Active Contributor

Sorry to hear Shannon.  Please see my answer above to Rich.

Good luck.

Best,

Chuck