cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aqua_jon
Active Contributor

Re: Windows 10 1803 i cant install the logmein client

Thanks - it actually does, and client appears in the "Default group".
Now I just need a way to handle this remotely - can't log in to LMI without remote access, kind of defeats the purpose of having a custom installer and don't want hand over credentials to someone at the far end.
I've contacted LMI support, they have to fix this.
Thanks again.
PeterJSY
Active Contributor

Yes this works.

Please LogMeIn update this on Central and any of the other download options for LogMeIn

Peter

theaccuser
Active Contributor

Please fix this...causing me a massive amount of pain...can't sent the installer out.  I end up having to use TeamViewer first so I can get in...I can't send out a download like for the normal installer which in turn prompts for my credentials for my LogMeIn Central account.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We are working on a new release that will correct this issue, we hope to make available very soon. I will update this topic once a firm release date is confirmed. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
aqua_jon
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn

we appreciate the update, and hope it's coming soon.

This is not your fault, but perhaps you could suggest to QHSE that from a quality perspective it would be worth obtaining early previews of the next Windows 10 Build to perform some testing against, to make sure LMI isn't caught out again, your customers would appreciate that and probably be willing to be involved in the testing.

Thanks,

Jon.

theaccuser
Active Contributor

Any update on this?
Sage_Eagle
Active Contributor

I too would like an update on this ASAP.  We need our customized installers when deploying LMI to customer machines. We can't be giving credentials to customers in order to log in and associate their machines with our Central account. If we have to use another remote utility first so we can connect, install, and enter the login ourselves, then why are we paying so much for LogMeIn?

Here's our work-around for now.  When I first ran into and troubleshot this issue, I tried some older custom installers I had to see if they worked.  Some failed just like these newest ones, but I found that one of our older installers did work – one I created in February of 2017. So for now I I've posted that old installer on our website for customers to download. That old one properly associates the customer machine with our account and puts the PC into the correct group.  Then the client detects that it has an update, the customer allows the update to be installed, and we're good to go. But that's still an extra step that of course shouldn't be needed, and it doesn't cover all situations in which we deploy customized LMI installers.

Sage_Eagle
Active Contributor

I should've specified that the old customized installer I have that works does work on the April 2018 update to Windows 10, aka 1803.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We have released a new version, the full release notes can be read here.

Improvements:

• The version of Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Business that is packaged with LogMeIn is updated to version 11
  • Updated the Application Updates feature to better conform with GDPR compliance

Fixes:

• Fixed an issue during installation that caused the LogMeIn .msi installer to lock local Windows user accounts
  • Fixed an issue that blocked the ability to copy and paste files between Windows hosts and Windows clients
  • Fixed an issue on the LogMeIn Client app for Mac that allowed a user to take remote control of hosts after the user logged out
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the LogMeIn software from installing on hosts running the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update operating system
  • Fixed an issue when taking remote control of a Windows host from a Mac client that stopped the magnifier from refreshing in real time
Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
ALendzion
New Contributor

Thank you so much for putting out such a quick fix. One thing I want to point out.

I generated a new .msi for our zero touch deployment however after LMI installs it is asking us to create a security code? Is there a way to remove that requirement or pre-populate a generic code for a more complete process?