cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awilmesradsourc
New Contributor

access drops seconds after connection error during copying settings from HKCU to HKLM

we have hundreds of LogMeIn PCs to access. We have 2 or 3 that we are unable to connect with. IT will popup the remote screen but then disconnect shortly or upon first click on the remote screen.  I found this error in the logs --error during copying settings from HKCU to HKLM.   We have removed and reinstalled multiple times but results are always the same.  I know that 2 of the systems are Lenovo's running Win7 embedded. Most all systems we access are running thsi exact same setup with no issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kpicciotti
Active Contributor

Re: access drops seconds after connection error during copying settings from HKCU to HKLM

RPC was not running - started that through the Computer mgmt portion of logmein and set to Automatic

then in the CMD prompt 

netsh winsock reset

restarted the computer and then I was able to get in

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kpicciotti
Active Contributor

Re: access drops seconds after connection error during copying settings from HKCU to HKLM

This is happening to ours too and is random. We have over 500 computers....

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kpicciotti  @awilmesradsourc  I apologize for the difficulties you've been encountering lately.

The message error during copying settings is not an end-all-be-all, but could lead us in the right direction of the cause.  If you can check the C:\ProgramData\LogMeIn\Dumps folder, and the Windows Event Viewer, these would have more valuable information within...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kpicciotti
Active Contributor

RPC was not running - started that through the Computer mgmt portion of logmein and set to Automatic

then in the CMD prompt 

netsh winsock reset

restarted the computer and then I was able to get in

kpicciotti
Active Contributor

I wonder if a windows 10 update is setting the RPC to off? or the fact of that debacle of the Verizon switching their traffic had anything to do with the winsock?