cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: logmein Central reports windows update service is disabled

Hi,

Updated another client on Windows 10 to anniversary update, also running 8310 LMI client - now showing update service is disabled (which iti is not)

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Check your settings using the web browser interface and check out this LMI link

Managing Updates

"If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
Highlighted
New Contributor

Central Basic subscription does not give that option to change anything under updates

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Doesn't work anyway.

I'm running Central Premium and 8438 Client. Most PCs are showing 'Service Disabled' after updating to W10 AE.

Highlighted
New Contributor

In control panel run troubleshooter, view all, windows update , run as administrator, when finished restart PC, this seems to reset logmein
Active Contributor

Goodness gracious me! That worked. I ignored the 'couldn't identify the problem' message, and restarted anyway. LogMeIn now shows green!!

That means it's Microsoft not resetting things correctly. Now to do the other 14+ PCs ...

Thanks netbase.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well I guess I just need to figure this out on my own. I disabled all settings in Group policy and can now manage the server with Logmein. Just testing a few settings now to see if it will reboot the server with the updates.